• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A little worried about Finx... :(

sierra*323

Mama Doe
She's acting strange. I just went out to put them to bed and give them their pellets, usually they both go nuts and run around impatiently. Tonight Tango was waiting by himself, Finx didn't bother coming downstairs. When she didn't appear once Tango started munching, I opened upstairs to find her and she didn't want any. She eventually took one pellet and turned her back on me when I put her bowl upstairs, that was it. When I picked her up to see if there was anything wrong, she licked me - which she hasn't done since she moved outside with Tango :shock:

When she got uncomfortable I put her back, and she went and chewed a willow stick instead of eating pellets. I've put a load of extra hay next to their bowls and come inside to worry :oops::cry:

How does she feel temperature wise? Its very important to keep her as warm as possible, a snuggle safe and/or extra blankets and bedding. If you think shes getting too cold you might need to bring her inside. Id also syringe some cooled (but still warm) boiled water, if you have a syringe.

Will you be checking on her throughout the night?

Loads of vibes x

How does she feel temperature wise? Its very important to keep her as warm as possible, a snuggle safe and/or extra blankets and bedding. If you think shes getting too cold you might need to bring her inside. Id also syringe some cooled (but still warm) boiled water, if you have a syringe.

Will you be checking on her throughout the night?

Loads of vibes x

Thanks. She didn't feel chilly, but I'll pop out and get their snugglesafe to heat up just in case. She was eating greens a few hours ago, maybe I'll see if she wants some more?

aaah hope she is ok,

What kind of greens has she eaten? She might have gas...

Like others..
Has she poo'd much?
Pop a snugglesafe in for her...though make sure the area she likes to sit in still has room for her tom move away form the heat if she wants to.

aaah hope she is ok,

What kind of greens has she eaten? She might have gas...

Like others..
Has she poo'd much?
Pop a snugglesafe in for her...though make sure the area she likes to sit in still has room for her tom move away form the heat if she wants to.

Gas is another possibility. Did you wash the greens before feeding them to the Rabbits ?

Gas is another possibility. Did you wash the greens before feeding them to the Rabbits ?

Just rinsed under the tap. They shared some sweetheart cabbage, it's the same as they usually have, no more than usual, and Tango ate the same and is fine. If she does have gas what can I do for her?

Apologies for talking to myself :lol: but I've just popped out to check and she took a couple of crunchy treats from me. I gave her one over her food bowl and she got carried away and ate a couple of pellets. She has been snuggling with Tango and feels warm. I'll just keep an eye out - they're going to the vets in the morning anyway for a general check up and weighing and nail clipping. Maybe she knows... :)

I worry so much at the slightest change, but they'e so fragile! :oops: My mind gets carried away. I'll stop double and triple posting now!

Last edited:
:wave: sorry!:lol:

I think (???) stroking their tummies and possibly getting them to move about can help with gas....so movement basically.

brassicas arent great in terms of gass foods...I avoid most veges and mine have wild foraged foods as much as possible. An occassional vege treat but mine get messy bums easily...so dont really do veges.

I could be wrong...but thats what i would do.

If she is snuggling and eating - seems good...keep an eye out on her poops...is she has a bad moult...then really watch for her poops...you get bracelet type poops where the fur strings the poops together and this is fine if it passes but can cause discomfort if not. Of she has bad moult - then perhaps make sure she is brushed OR wet your hands - -shake them off and then giver her a good rub all over - your hands will collect loads fur...do this a few times a day - it really helps.

If you are worried about the vets trip - perhaps she has picked up on your anxiety?
Im sure it will be fine...and great timing that they can both have a little check up tomorrow.
Hope she is fine and you see some golden poops soon...I often find dropping a fresh handful of hay in this damp weather gets mine munching hay again too!

Hope it all goes well tomorrow!:wave::D

:wave: sorry!:lol:

I think (???) stroking their tummies and possibly getting them to move about can help with gas....so movement basically.

brassicas arent great in terms of gass foods...I avoid most veges and mine have wild foraged foods as much as possible. An occassional vege treat but mine get messy bums easily...so dont really do veges.

I could be wrong...but thats what i would do.

If she is snuggling and eating - seems good...keep an eye out on her poops...is she has a bad moult...then really watch for her poops...you get bracelet type poops where the fur strings the poops together and this is fine if it passes but can cause discomfort if not. Of she has bad moult - then perhaps make sure she is brushed OR wet your hands - -shake them off and then giver her a good rub all over - your hands will collect loads fur...do this a few times a day - it really helps.

If you are worried about the vets trip - perhaps she has picked up on your anxiety?
Im sure it will be fine...and great timing that they can both have a little check up tomorrow.
Hope she is fine and you see some golden poops soon...I often find dropping a fresh handful of hay in this damp weather gets mine munching hay again too!

Hope it all goes well tomorrow!:wave::D

:wave: No no I wasn't complaining, just getting slightly carried away with myself :lol:

I have some gloves with rubber dots on to de-fur her when she's moulting, I'll fish them out. It's not as obvious now she's outside, I used them loads last year. She loves it!

Thanks for all your help :D

Back