• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone bought the 22.7kg sack of timothy hay from hayexperts?

jeny

Warren Scout
I'm considering it cos it works out the cheapest per kg but am worried it might spoil in my mams garage.

:wave:

I have bought this several times and have had no problems with spoilage. I keep it in a wheelie bin.

Sadly the last large batch of 'posh hay' from elswhere (not Oxbow) which I bought as cheaper has gone mouldy. This may not have been helped by having to leave this in a cardboard box though as there was too much to go in the wheelie bin.

However I have learnt my lesson and will be going back to the Oxbow when I need some more.

I get my hay from hay for pets and 9.5kg is £16 including delivery, not sure how that compares. It comes double bagged.

Thanks for replying, I had bought the 9.5kg INGS hay but my 2 wouldnt eat it at first, I've put it in their loo tray and they eat it from there and now tolerate it in their racks. Timothy Hay is being kept in my mams garage.

Back