• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Safe steps????

Britannia

Warren Scout
My two buns are now happily bonded. Kizzy came first and then Bob. Kizzy never really had a cage as she had free range of the dining room with a couple of hidy houses. For Bob we got a cage on a stand. Now they are a happy couple I've moved the cage to the dinning room, I was going to put it on the floor and dismantle the stand but the buns love running across the shelf on the stand or even under it. Although the shelf is wire mesh I've boarded it with plywood and covered that in old carpet.

By leaving the cage on the stand the opening is now 55cm off the ground, as a temporary measure I've attached a wooden ramp which comes down to a stool that they can hop up and down from. Unfortunately my DIY skills leave much to be desired. Does anyone have any ideas for a more permanent solution, preferably one that doesn't require too much in the way of DIY.

viewfromgarden2.jpg

I know one member has used storage units to make steps, I'm not sure if that would project into your room too much though. Do you know anyone good with DIY who could make you some steps? I imagine that it would be relatively easy if you're into that kind of thing.

Back