• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zoid and Mary moving indoors

gwaterhouse

Wise Old Thumper
So it's coming ot that time of year when I move Zoid, and now Mary, indoors for winter....

Obviously last year we only had Zoid, however, this year we have both :D

My question is this, will we need to completely clean the room where they are going? or will ZOid have forgotten this was his territory before/the smell will have gone? Also we are using a dog crate again for them which we will clean as it's just been in storage for the past 8 months....

I will add that when we tried to open the whole garden to them about 3 months ago it nearly ended in a fight...

Vinegar everywhere as much as possible, and restrict their space for the first few days and gradually increase it thereafter, and they should be fine :D

I'd say you need to neutralise it and slowly introduce them to more space?

Even though they both have more space outside than they will have indoors?

Yes. It's the change of territory that's the problem, so keeping it small stops them from going nuts and claiming it themselves, then fighting over it.

E.g. Biscuit had been upstairs on his own before in our house, Ginger had never been up here.

We then bonded them, but didnt think to clean upstairs.

They both came upstairs, and they went for each other, as Biscuit was basically thinking "this is my territory" and Ginger was saying "hey, new territory, this is mine!".

Better to be safe than sorry :)

Yes. It's the change of territory that's the problem, so keeping it small stops them from going nuts and claiming it themselves, then fighting over it.

E.g. Biscuit had been upstairs on his own before in our house, Ginger had never been up here.

We then bonded them, but didnt think to clean upstairs.

They both came upstairs, and they went for each other, as Biscuit was basically thinking "this is my territory" and Ginger was saying "hey, new territory, this is mine!".

Better to be safe than sorry :)

Looks like my weekend suddenly got busy! :lol:

Back