• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do with old hutches and runs.....?

clarebear

Mama Doe
Bramble and Bungee are now in their new house, and I was wondering what to do with their old hutches and runs.

One hutch is 4 foot and the other 3 foot, both double story with small runs attached, which make a reasonable living space.

Are they too small to sell for rabbits? Didn't know whether to ebay, freecycle or offer to a rescue.

Here they both are:

006la.jpg

I use one to store bales of hay. I don't know much about GPs but think the larger would be ok for them. They could also be used as shelters in a run.

You could maybe sell them for guinea pigs? I think 4ft is the reccommended size for piggies.

If I were you I'd keep one, just in case they need to be separated at any point or you need to rescue a bun/pig/ferret from a bad situation. But I like to always have a spare.

You could connect one to the other with a runaround tube (from the Runaround System) and then get two more bunnies ta da :D

I have a good sized playpen, which I will keep incase either of the buns are poorly.....just wanted to clear some space! I guess keeping one is handy though.......ooooh not sure what to do! :?

You could connect one to the other with a runaround tube (from the Runaround System) and then get two more bunnies ta da :D

That would be fab!......but we have no more space on the patio for another hutch....the new one is pretty big! Shame really because we have a huge garden, but it's mostly behind the garage, and I like to have my bunnies close top the house where I can see them.

Back