• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many bunny supplies can fit into...

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
...a Nissan Micra?

Quite a lot actually! Here's the sanctuary's mobile shed...sorry car...returning home after picking up next weeks food supplies for the buns.

We only got a couple of bales of hay, a bale of dried grass, and a 20kg sack of pellets...normally there would be 3 or 4 sacks of megazorb on the passenger seat as well!

P1020926.jpg

That's impressive. :thumb::lol::lol: We can fit 2 bales of hay comfortably in our boot and can still have the parcel shelf in place as well. I'd love to know how many we could cram in with the seats down. :lol:

That's impressive. :thumb::lol::lol: We can fit 2 bales of hay comfortably in our boot and can still have the parcel shelf in place as well. I'd love to know how many we could cram in with the seats down. :lol:

2 bales in the boot...that's pretty impressive! What car have you got Karen?

2 bales in the boot...that's pretty impressive! What car have you got Karen?

A Renault Grand Scenic. Ever so slightly bigger than a micra :lol: but it costs a bomb to run. :roll: I can't wait to get something smaller (once the kids have left home in many years!) and I'll be cramming hay bales in the boot just like you. :lol:

That is impressive! I took our ford smax the other day, all seats folded flat and got six bales. I reckon with a bit of clever adjustment I could make it eight. Whic gh reminds me I need to hoover it out, oh isn't pleased!

I get mine from Martin's Farm in Calverton, Notts. I know Seals Fodder Room near Ripley sells them...which is probably a bit closer for you?

Marginally :lol: I did find them online - are they all the same? Allen and PAge? We threw out hte bag after it got wee'd on lol -

That is impressive! I took our ford smax the other day, all seats folded flat and got six bales. I reckon with a bit of clever adjustment I could make it eight. Whic gh reminds me I need to hoover it out, oh isn't pleased!

8 bales is impressive. The most I can get in the Micra is 4 bales...or 5 if I put one on the front seat...bit dangerous though!

Marginally :lol: I did find them online - are they all the same? Allen and PAge? We threw out hte bag after it got wee'd on lol -

I get the Allen and Page Natural Rabbit Pellets. A&P make various different pellets, but the natural pellets are best for adult non-breeding rabbits.

8 bales is impressive. The most I can get in the Micra is 4 bales...or 5 if I put one on the front seat...bit dangerous though!

Four bales in a micra is just amazing. I only got so many because I am worried about getting up to the farm in the winter, I don't want to be caught short.

In fairness to the smart car, I had one till April this year and I think it would be possible to get at least two in. They are amazingly roomy because you are not trying to fit in a back seat. it ok a £150 family shop plus me and a toddler easily! It also managed a 1.2m indoor cage, a fully made up carrier and a 15kg sack of food!! Just as well it was an auto, I couldn't have changed gear!

Four bales in a micra is just amazing. I only got so many because I am worried about getting up to the farm in the winter, I don't want to be caught short.

In fairness to the smart car, I had one till April this year and I think it would be possible to get at least two in. They are amazingly roomy because you are not trying to fit in a back seat. it ok a £150 family shop plus me and a toddler easily! It also managed a 1.2m indoor cage, a fully made up carrier and a 15kg sack of food!! Just as well it was an auto, I couldn't have changed gear!

Who would've thought you could get 2 bales in a smartcar! Sounds like a tardis :shock: :lol:

This could be an idea for a fundraiser.:roll:

How many bales can you fit in the back of a ......................?

Perhaps?

Back