• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UPDATED HELP! Dennis rushed to the emergency vet tonight :'-(

Lea-Anne

Warren Veteran
He was eating, pooping, behaving normally up until about an hour ago. We went shopping for an hour. When we came back he seemed odd. He made a right hash of jumping from his vet bed to his litter tray. We laughed, but then he lay down ( something he never does in his tray) and I said to Gordon he's not right. I just had a feeling. We let him out and he did the usual thing of stretching out (when they have tummy pain) and he was agressive toward us trying to stroke him.
We rushed him to the emergency vets. Not my usual vet unfortunately.
Vet said although his tummy doesn't feel bloated his faeces felt squidgy. He is moulting loads at the mo and my theory is he has a blockage but I am no vet.. His tummy was definitely distended.
He is being put on a drip. She said it complicates things that he is on diuretic tablets for his heart. He is also being given the usual other meds like gut stimulant and a steroid etc.
When she said he had to stay in I just burst into tears. He is a house rabbit. We've got home and the empty cage is just horrible... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Oh hun Im so sorry, I do think their moult effects them they are such sensitive little things. Fingers are crossed for your lovely boy

Adding more vibes to Dennis. It's horrible leaving them at the vet, isn't it? Hopefully he will be back home with you tomorrow.

Oh no, how worrying :cry: He's in the best place, but I hope he can come home soon. Sending lots of vibes for Dennis xx

I could hear the vet nurses doubt when she asked me how long had he been ' not right' for and I said ' about half hour , if that. '

We couldn't do any of the usual things like massage his belly or give him fluids - he is far too stressy so it was best he just went straight to emergency :cry:

:)oops:i hope you dont mind me asking... which of your buns is dennis??)

xxx

He's the orange mini rex in my avartar :)

This is him, only a few days ago :cry:

P1030864.jpg

Really hope with some special TLC overnight he recovers and can come home tommorow be thinking of u, any of your family being away is just awful xxx look after each other xxx love from me and smudgy xx

thought that was him, but you said house bunny and i thought he was the black bun :oops:

That's Vincent and he is also in the house so your not wrong there hun. He was the bun we got who was suppose to go out with the shed buns but had pasturella and needed feeding up so he stayed indoors. He's been living in the kitchen ( Dennis is in the living room). V had just finished his meds last week and him and Dennis seemed to be getting along through the bars. He is the first rabbit D has not attacked outright.

Sending Dennis lots of vibes and hope he can come home tomorrow to chin Vincent's cage again.

Hope you and G manage to get some sleep xx

Back