• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vicks?

Fayelou

Alpha Buck
Thank you to all those that have been contributing to my thread on little Simba and her snuffles.

I just thought I would post a new thread in here to attract viewers who maybe haven't been following the other thread.

I just suddenly thought, as some posters have suggested taking Simba in the bathroom when I have a bath or a shower (which is advice I have taken, hard to know if it was effective really)....I wondered if putting a tub a vicks in front of her face would be helpful? Or running and a bath and adding some in whilst she is in the bathroom?

Absolute stab in the dark, but thought it does work for humans so thought I would ask just in case.

Thanks xx

My vet recommended Karvol decongestant drops for rabbits. Put a few drops on a bit of tissue near where the bun spends a lot of time - but where it can't actually get to it to eat the tissue. Replace daily.

I used to tape it on the outside of the mesh door of the hutch, tucked behind the water bottle.

Personally I think vic would be way too strong for a little bunny nose but maybe something weaker (then again weaker might not work). Some people on here use neubalisers for rabbits with breathing problems

Thanks Shimmer!

I will give that a try. Will probably have to supervise her though as she is an indoor bun and has free range, just use a rabbit cage as a litter tray and food and water really.

She has improved over the last few hours alot and I just want to do everything possible to help get her back to good health!

Personally I think vic would be way too strong for a little bunny nose but maybe something weaker (then again weaker might not work). Some people on here use neubalisers for rabbits with breathing problems

Yes, it is quite strong. That is why I thought it best to ask before trying it. Just want to help as best I can. :D

Yes, it is quite strong. That is why I thought it best to ask before trying it. Just want to help as best I can. :D

Yep my eyes water like mad if I go near it and to be honest I think having a runny nose from the vic is more annoying than a blocked one, I'd definately look into neubalisers and ask your vet for advice :)

I bought Drusilla a beaker thing with nose mask from the chemist (about £5) with a bottle of olbas oil. A very weak solution of that seemed to help and she didn't mind it. Being in a steamy bathroom helped her lots too. :wave:

Thank you Tinsel!

I think a nice hot bath for me is on the cards tonight! She will be ok if I put some bubble bath in as well won't she? Or should I stear clear?

It's time for some more baytril soon and although she isn't as active as she normally is, she's not sneezing as much. I just can't wait to get her better and just enjoy her and be able to stop worrying so much!:love:

Back