• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit things wanted.

RabbitSammy

Warren Scout
Now, I don't know if this is allowed but I am just wondering if any kind soul has a rabbit cage which i could buy of them for Snowy. With a bad winter drawing in i'm really wanting her to live inside. Can anyone help me? Please inbox me.
Thanks.

I also need:

Litter tray
A snuggle bed
Toys.

donations would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I haven't got a cage sorry.

Have you got a puppy pen ? This could also be used as a cage.

Or your bun could also be house trained and be kept as an indoor rabbit during the winter.

:wave:

My puppypen/run is too big for the house. I wanted something like a bery big hamster/guinea pig cage. It needs to be posted too. I don't know how much i can pay i'm just kinda desperate.

What about trying ebay or other online shops like that?

You could try searching puppy pens as they are bigger and suitable for rabbits to live in. You can also adjust the size where as cages are just too small for rabbits.

Sorry I'm no help.

My puppypen/run is too big for the house. I wanted something like a bery big hamster/guinea pig cage. It needs to be posted too. I don't know how much i can pay i'm just kinda desperate.

A big hamster or guinea cage is nowhere near big enough for a rabbit sorry. My bunnies litter tray is the size of a 'rabbit' indoor cage so a hamster or guinea cage is tiny. I know it seems like rabbits sleep a lot of the day but when they are active they are very active!! I hate restricting mine to one room. I'd like them to have the run of several rooms ideally.

Have you tried Freecycle?

You're unlikely to get a decent rabbit cage there - tho maybe the other things; you might want to give stuff a good clean and stick any soft beds in the washing machine, but the things would be free.

No indoor cages are really big enough... mine had a 6ft puppy pen and that wasn't even enough. Mine are free range now.
Even being let out daily, it's still not enough. Rabbits sleep on and off and are most active when you'll be in bed so it's not fair to keep them in a small cage during that time.

you would be wasting your money on a cage or crate. get a puppy pen with individual panels. then you can use as few or as many as you like to make a cage and run. a litter tray will cost less than three pounds at a supermarket - perhaps only a pound if you're lucky.

I have what is classed as a large g/pig cage: it is too small for g/pigs and is certainly much too small for a rabbit, both in height and length. They need to be able to move around and stand on their hindlegs, which is why a puppy pen is more suitable.

I wouldnt get a cat litter tray from Morrisons, it might be okay if your bunny is small but most cat trays are too low sided for a rabbit and the rabbit accidently pees over the side. The two bigger sizes of this one are good: http://www.petsathome.com/shop/litter-tray-by-clean-n-tidy-26666 but it is cheaper to just get an underbed storage box which works brilliantly, Morrissons sell them for about a fiver I think.

As for housing, commercial cage just arent big enough, you really need to either provide a large pen or just let her free-range. Could you manage something like this? http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/Nessa_Roche/SAM_2225.jpg That is my pen, the rabbits are in it for 6-10 hours a night, if I was going to regularly confine them in there for longer then I would have to make it bigger.

Ideally, if you get a pen or cage, you need one that will give you a minimum of 12sqft (like a 6ftx2ft hutch) and they need to be let out at least 12 hours a day. Can you not just move her hutch indoors and use that as a base?

Hope you managed to sort out all you need for Snowy. :wave: Spenser has a washing up bowl for his litter tray - much cheaper, although if Snowy is small it might not work for her.

Back