• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowy's New Toys and QUESTION

RabbitSammy

Warren Scout
*No Photo's Available*

So today i went to the pet shop in town and bought snowy a couple of toys. One is a swinging ball, which i've put in her hutch with lettuce,carrot and rabbit food in it. She's using that now, pulling on it and eating from it. YAY happy bun.
And two chew rattles which she's sniffed at but not yet used.
Just thought i'd let you all know :')

Also, I am thinking of getting her an indoor cage and turning her into an indoor bun. (if mother permits.) Opinions on this?

The marketed cages for rabbits are far too small other than as a base or as a litter tray. :) maybe you'd like to check out the sticky. Remember too if you bring her inside now she won't be able to go back put until about April time.

Smetimes small bunnies have more energy. I'll find you the nethie youtube video!

I've had virtually all types of indoor accomodation, I feel the best is to bunny proof one or more rooms. :)

The size of the cage will depend on how long she has to spend in it a day. Are you thinking of letting her out to run about the room, and if so for how long a day? You would have to bunnyproof any wires and you also may find she rips up carpet or damages furniture, unfortunately she is probably more likely to do this as she is unspayed. You also will have to litter train her, not sure if youve done this already.

But if you can let her out a lot, or even 24/7, and can deal with the issues above, then keeping her inside would be good for her as she will get more company.

N'aaww thats adorable. Snowy would be let out daily though!

For how long for? Even a whole 12 hours out is only half a day. Honestly I would now only ever use those small two foot long cages for anything other than a litter tray or if a bunny had to be restricted movement due to an injury.

Back