• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weather-proof AND chew-proof??

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Hi there,

I've just had to remove Finx and Tango's 'bunny warren' tube from their run as the edges were getting a bit too nibbled for my liking, and throw away the latest batch of wooden chew toys as they insist on carrying them from the hutch to the run to play with them and leaving them in the rain.

What kinds of toys do those of you who keep your rabbits outdoors give them? The run looks a bit bare and boring now :(

The runaround tunnels are more expensive but are a thicker, better plastic so should last a lot longer. Mine have some children's toys, a tunnel and tent but I only have my bunnies outside for a few hours each day in summer.

I give mine willow tunnels and cardboard tunnels. I have a cover over the run so it doesn't get wet, however they can chew nearly everything in their run so don't have to worry about it.

Thanks for all the ideas! I like the runaround systems but that would definitely have to wait until after christmas. My run is on grass with mesh underneath, so I don't like to cover it in any permanent way as the grass dies! I move their shade cover around in summer so no one spot is always out of the sunlight, and have only covered the small against the rain/snow so they have an option to shelter other than the hutch.

A terracotta pipe shaped something sounds ideal, but I have absolutely no idea how I'd get my hands on one of those!

Back