• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want a dutchie!

I miss having dutch rabbits, I just love everything about them. :love: I'd feel so bad getting one though because people would think I was replacing Jasper and Blossom even though I wouldn't be, I just love dutchies. :( I love mischief and tinker more than anything but just feels like there's always a bun missing with me not having a dutch. If I ever got one it would have to look completely different to Jasper and Blossom. Is it bad of me to want one so much? :( I love all bunnies but there's just a thing about dutch rabbits with me, I just love them!

Not at all. :D

For me I have a special spot for rexes and giants.

With dogs I love german shepherds :love:

dont worry about it emma u not replacing them :) i feel the need for an english bun one day because i miss molly :(
u have more room than me tho with that giant shed and aviary ! BUN HEVEN :D
so i can understand if u decide to get a dutchy it must be hard because jasper was such a fab jumper and most of your videos were about him :cry:
so dont think that u replacing him or bloss one bit because after all u get one that is total different to them :)

Last edited:
I miss having dutch rabbits, I just love everything about them. :love: I'd feel so bad getting one though because people would think I was replacing Jasper and Blossom even though I wouldn't be, I just love dutchies. :( I love mischief and tinker more than anything but just feels like there's always a bun missing with me not having a dutch. If I ever got one it would have to look completely different to Jasper and Blossom. Is it bad of me to want one so much? :( I love all bunnies but there's just a thing about dutch rabbits with me, I just love them!

no its not bad of you to want one hun, since ive had poppet in my life i couldnt be without a rex, theyre my prefered breed :love:

You wouldn't be replacing them :) Just because they're the same breed doesn't mean you're replacing them, you just love the breed, if you're ready to take on more rabbits (personally I'd wait till you've paid back the dental costs to your parents) then go for it, no body is going to think you are replacing them :)

If you want one, I would say get one, as long as you can afford it and have room! :wave:
I personally would go for a different colour so its different, but thats me.

I'm sure you'll get one if it's meant to be! :D It's great that people have diffrerent 'faves', I love mini lops and would love an orange one but have enough at the moment to take care of so will just have to be sensible :(:(

I love dutches too!! I always wanted a dutch when Charlie came up for rescue so I got him, he was the softest thing from the start - LOVES noserubs more than any of my buns and is so friendly and playful. I remember Blossom loved noserubs too..No-one will blame you for wanting another one and if you could rescue one or two that would only be good for the rescue as you are a fab bun mum!

You wouldn't be replacing them :) Just because they're the same breed doesn't mean you're replacing them, you just love the breed, if you're ready to take on more rabbits (personally I'd wait till you've paid back the dental costs to your parents) then go for it, no body is going to think you are replacing them :)

Thanks, yeah if I were to get one, it would be next year when I hopefully have a saturday job and more money. I have the space for a trio, a quad even but I can't afford another right now. :(

I love dutch bunnies too, one of mine is a dutch and he is the soppiest bunny ever!

Getting another dutch bun will never be like you're replacing your bridge bunnies, you just have a preference and that's it :)

My first bun was a dutch and he was SO SO SO special. I loved him so very much and he touched so many people's lives. He was unbelivably friendly. Would not leave you alone at all. Would snuggle for hours, lick like crazy, knew his name...I actually can't describe how special he was. I think it must be about 15 years since we lost him now and I can HONESTLY say I think about him every single day.

He was about 6 when he died, but never went to the vets :( I wish I knew then what I know now. He was a dental bun and teeth grew constantly, the breeder taught my mum how to clip them! When I think about it now, he must have been in agony. I was only a little girl when we had him though. He had a huge garden, big hutch, loads of love and attention and a brilliant diet though. That gives me some comfort.

Dutchies are so so so special :love:

I lost my Tinkerbell 2 years ago but Nethies will always have a special place in my heart :love:

I know exactly how you feel! When I decided to get bunnies again I really wanted a Dutch and ended up going to a local breeder and geting Roxy!
Then when it was time to get her a husbun I was desperate for a Tri Dutch and was very very lucky to find Rory, who was from an Eastbourne rescue, :love:

aww :love: Well if anyone knows of any dutch buns in rescues that are either tri dutch or any other colour thats not blue or black (unless unusual markings) then please let me know. I just can't face having one like Jasper or Blossom. Preferably 6 months or under as it's easier to bond babies with my 2. :) Also I couldn't go through the heartache of losing another so soon and if it was an older adult then there'd be a chance of that. :(

Last edited:
Back