• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - have I just been lucky?

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
A month ago I got Twinkle for my bereaved boy. We took him to the rescue, put him with twink, they were fine so we brought them home, they were loved up from the moment they met. Sadly Tommy died 2 wks later.

We have just got Ozzy yesterday, we took Twink to the rescue, put them together and they were fine. Having bonded an existing female to a male in the past I always understood it to be harder to get an existing female to accept a new male on her patch.

So Twink and Ozzy are great, they slept in the box in the shed together last night. This morning there was a bit of running round but thats been it. Hes washed her ears, shes put her head under his, theyve shared the same piece of cauliflower leaf. Surely it cant be this easy?

She was used as a football previously so isnt keen on feet, Ozzy was kept in a tiny hutch with his brother who died of starvation. He is really people friendly. I hope we have both of them for many years and they can put their past behind them.

Back