• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel like giving up.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
I have BB who is as big as a house.Lily who is eating very little so BB gets in there.....he has a bald patch under his chin cos hes so fat.....1.8kg.
Lily is 573g at last weigh in, lost weight every month since May.Blue episode during the week...is on abx and pain relief...
I cant get BBs weight down or Lilys weight up.
I dont want to separate them...not now Lily is as ill as she is.Ive done all I can.

It cant be good for either bunny.The weights that they are.

I have BB who is as big as a house.Lily who is eating very little so BB gets in there.....he has a bald patch under his chin cos hes so fat.....1.8kg.
Lily is 573g at last weigh in, lost weight every month since May.Blue episode during the week...is on abx and pain relief...
I cant get BBs weight down or Lilys weight up.
I dont want to separate them...not now Lily is as ill as she is.Ive done all I can.

It cant be good for either bunny.The weights that they are.

Can Lily have some snacks fed separately from BB a few times a day ?

Maybe take BB out of their accommodation so he has some free range exercise and Lily has some extra feeds ?

I don't know, I think together they look like Lillte and Large but separate they look fine. Lily has always been small hasn't she.

Sunshine was big for a few years, so was my cat most of her life, even on a precise diet of biscuits from the vets.

Can Lily have some snacks fed separately from BB a few times a day ?

Maybe take BB out of their accommodation so he has some free range exercise and Lily has some extra feeds ?

Ive done all that.Separated days,separated nights, tried the lot.It hasnt helped.

I just feel so knackered with it all.
Lily wont eat to order....she has one or two nibbles then leaves the bowl.She will indulge in herbs,dandelions and greens but Im watching her bottom doesnt get too runny.

Can you put Lily's food somewhere that is too small for BB to get at it? eg in a tunnel, box with a small entrance, partially blocked off carrier, etc. Then she can get at it all the time and you don't have to constantly supervise or separate them.

Can you put Lily's food somewhere that is too small for BB to get at it? eg in a tunnel, box with a small entrance, partially blocked off carrier, etc. Then she can get at it all the time and you don't have to constantly supervise or separate them.

This has been suggested but I dont think Lily would do that.Shes constantly attached to her brother.Its a very strong bond.....

Sorry, I have no advice other than what has already been said.

I can imagine how difficult it is and how you must be feeling.

Just hoping that you will feel more positive about the situation very soon.

Take care. x

Back