• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much water?

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
Jack is a dwarflop- around 2.5kg and he drinks out his bottle constantly for up to 5 minutes a few timesa day. He eats well (lots of hay) and is very active. He wont use a bowl. Is this normal? He just seems to drink quite a lot.

Do you have a rough idea of the amount Jack is actually drinking?

If the water isn't going down that much, it's probably just the case that the water flows from the bottle quite slowly, so Jack has to drink for a while to quench his thirst. :)

He has drank about 75ml since about ten oclock this morning. Some of that will have dripped drom the bottle. What do you think? Normal?

Mischa has a few of those a day too, usually when I'm trying to sleep :lol:

Morse has one of his big drinks between 1 and 2am !! At first I thought my central heating was on the blink til I realised that the loud gurgles were from Morse :lol:

i find that they drink more if they have had lots of hay. Perhaps due to the dryness of the hay. When they get more veg, they drink very little. So if your bun has had tons of hay, its probably normal.

Back