• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Louie didn't eat his breakfast this morning U/D eating!

Had a complete checkover, temperature fine, stomach sounds normal, teeth fine, bit of a mystery.

3 injections, including painkiller. Still hasn't eaten yet though :(

Come on Louie :cry:

Did the Vet check in his ears ?

Yes, she had a good look with the torch.

I just don't understand what causes it? It's the 4th episode in 2 years. No change in diet, everything exactly the same. I really don't get it.

I just don't understand what causes it? It's the 4th episode in 2 years. No change in diet, everything exactly the same. I really don't get it.

Is he moulting?

I have one episode of this on average every month between all the bunnies and still don't know why :( I feel your pain with trying to understand why.

I had the same question with Smudge. Last year I thought it was just the change in weather but his first episode was October last year I think and we've gone past that so I'm now assuming he was eating little bits of megazorb that Nutmeg dug into the hay.

ETA. I was wrong, mid November his first one so we could still be in for another episode. My vet gave us some Metacam and Metaclop for standby at home now though. Maybe if it happens often your vet would let you do that too. Hit it quick before it progresses.

Last edited:
Back