• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noticing a definate trend (ref. Illnesses and seasons)

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Ive noticed before that there are markedly more occurences of head tilt on the forum during the Spring months.

Im now noticing that there are currently alot of snuffles and RTI threads (perhaps not unsurprisingly?)

Im wondering whether it is linked to moults, aswell as the link to temperature changes.

Just an observation :wave:

Interesting!

Does anyone know if there's anything extra we can do at different times of year to guard against these things?

Interesting!

Does anyone know if there's anything extra we can do at different times of year to guard against these things?

This is what I was wondering. My bun Mimi has already had head tilt once (and it was indeed in the Spring now I think about it) so now come the warmer weather and her moult I keep a very close eye on her.

As far as the snuffles goes I guess one thing would be to make the temperature drop very gradual. As mine are indoors its easy for me to control their temperature but it would be really difficult for owners with outdoor buns.

Mischa's head tilt was around early summer time. His snuffles was also during winter. My vet said regarding snuffles that there tends to be more bugs around in winter just like for humans.

Back