• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nail cliping?

hayley2126

Warren Scout
:wave: Hi all hope you are all well. sorry i know i am a bit of a wimp but i do not want to cut my bunsters nails untill i have been showen and feel comfortable. I would like to get them done this afternoon however should i a) take them to their regular vet which is an 1hr round trip as he is my closest rabbit savvy vet and make them travel or do i take them to the local one which is five min walking distance as it is at the end of my road as its only nail clipping? Thanks in advance for your replays xx

:wave: Hi all hope you are all well. sorry i know i am a bit of a wimp but i do not want to cut my bunsters nails untill i have been showen and feel comfortable.

You're not a wimp - I don't like to cut their nails either! A vet trip for nail clipping gets them accustomed to the vet and the travelling, plus a general health check. I've seen how much it bleeds when they're cut too short, it happened to a friend and is scary! Mine is only 10 minutes away, I'm sure your local one will be ok for nails :)

I clip my budgies' claws no problem, but wouldn't clip the bunnies' claws until I was shown either, so don't worry about that. However, when I took said rabbits to the vet their claws were fine so didn't need doing anyway :thumb:

thank you all for your response took them to my local vet who was lovely, although they did not need doing really she could only take a couple of mm off but they are indoor buns and had not been done for 6 weeks so thought they might need to be done :oops: plus one of mine has really white claws at the front and pitch black on the back its him who i worry about the most do not think ill ever want to do his. thanks again RU peeps xx

Back