• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit proofing gardens

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
I'm moving to my new house at the moment as making plans for the buns.
The garden is lovely, with solid fences all the way round. But there are gaps under the fence, some small, some fairly big.
Also, there is an area of bushes at the back of the garden that I'd like to stop them going in.
What would be the beat way to rabbit proof? I was thinking of getting some mesh to put around the edges, would this work do you think?
And how would I stop them getting into the bushes? More mesh perhaps?
Any advice and tips appreciated! Thanks.

Your new garden sounds like it is going to be lovely :)

With the holes at the bottom of the fences, I'm thinking possibly you could get some of the heavy guage rabbit run mesh and staple pieces of that to the fence, while leaving a longer bit that you can bury beneath the soil (assuming there is soil by the fence, of if not then holding the end of the mesh down with a couple of heavy bricks/stones)?

With any bushes you dont want them to get to, it depends how big they are as to how practical this is, but you could get some of that green garden mesh to make it off limits?

Your new garden sounds like it is going to be lovely :)

With the holes at the bottom of the fences, I'm thinking possibly you could get some of the heavy guage rabbit run mesh and staple pieces of that to the fence, while leaving a longer bit that you can bury beneath the soil (assuming there is soil by the fence, of if not then holding the end of the mesh down with a couple of heavy bricks/stones)?

With any bushes you dont want them to get to, it depends how big they are as to how practical this is, but you could get some of that green garden mesh to make it off limits?

Thanks for the tips : ) I think I'll get some rolls of mesh then. Can't wait to have them free range again!

Back