• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Updated 14TH November- Aisling Home Again

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
She has been ill for 2 days and although she initially responded to treatment she remains very unwell. The primary issues may be Dental related, but she is too unwell for a GA

Stanley was poorly again for 48 hours, but he seems to be recovering now. Our Vets still believe the episodes are caused by small transient ischaemic attacks (TIAs)

:cry:

Last edited:
Oh goodness, poor bunnies :(

What are these TIA's Jane? And what causes them? (Sorry im abit dim!) :oops:

A temporary reduction of blood supply to the brain thus depriving the brain of oxygen. A sort of mini stroke.
Diagnostics would be needed to ascertain a precise cause, but as Stanley is 9 and frail I do not intend to subject him to a battery of tests. Also, he would probably need to be referred to Bristol Rabbit Clinic and I could not afford that :(

Another difficult time for you. Did Stanley remain out of it for as long this time? Poor Aisling, was she as prone to difficulties with her tummy when Mr Bean was alive? Hope they both improve today.

Another difficult time for you. Did Stanley remain out of it for as long this time? Poor Aisling, was she as prone to difficulties with her tummy when Mr Bean was alive? Hope they both improve today.

With Stan he was not out of it for as long but this time he also went into gut stasis. So it was really touch and go for a while. Thankfully he is doing better now though. Not 100% 'right' but certainly not as poorly as he was.

Aisling tends to get GI tract problems as a result of her Dental issues. Usually she manages 3-4 months between Dentals, but this time it has only been 6 weeks. I still have not been able to bond her with anyBun, she really does not want to know and attacks within seconds of introduction :cry:

I feel there is something else going on for her really. She has been nest building recently and just not behaving normally :?

I think you have tried plenty bonds for her but she is making it clear that there was only one husbun for her. she really is making use of all your rabbit knowledge.

Poor Stanley heading to guy stasis this time. He is really fragile right now.
Thinking of you x

Sorry to hear you have poorly buns Jane. Sending massive healing (((((vibes))))) and hope they're both feeling much, much better very soon.

Back