• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Normal?

Misty's Mummy

Warren Scout
I have never seen Misty eating her poo. I dont sit staring at her or anything, but with my guinea pigs i see them eat theirs all the time. :?

Im starting to wonder if she does. Sometimes when she does poo's it looks like the ones she should be eating (going by pictures on google) but she dosent touch them. They are wet and sticky.

Is this something i should be concerned about?

She's also still getting a bit of sticky bottom. I changed her to Wagg pellets a couple of week ago (gradually) and i dont see much of an improvement. Due to her size and wieght, previously discussed with vet she gets a small handful morning and night. Plus pro fibre, hay and veg/herbs and occasionally fruit.

I dont know what else to do :cry:

i just typed a really long message and accidentely deleted it!grrr

ok i will try again.
you should not really see her eating them as she should eat them straight from her bottom but the fact she is leaving them could indicate a number of possibilities for example

dental problems
weight issues for example if she is overweight and can not reach her bottom
not enough fibre in her diet

what i would do is
start by cutting out any fruit as the sugar content can upset the ceacum
increase her hay intake
start decreasing pellets slowley so that eventually she is not having more than 1 small hanful a day, less is better.

I AM NOT A VET this is just my opinion.

Back