• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Passed on info about a rescue...instead of P@H & they decided on rescue

chelle

Warren Veteran
I was asked quickly to pass on some rabbit rescue info tonight as someone was going to buy theri kid a bunny from P@H. They did buy one before but it lasted one day and died.:( Porb. from stress or coldness. So I passed via rext some contact details and basic info on petshop costs compared to rescue buns costs and vacs advice etc and the people went to P@H - spoke to them, got their money back from the bunny who died (rest in piece little bunny:() and have decided to go and see a rescue.

Whether they will go to the one I mentioned Im not sure, but its made them think abit and decide to try a rescue instead....I do hope it works out for them and am so pleased for a bunny from a resceu if it does..or even maybe a pair.:p

I know Rescues are the way to go, but Pets at Home do have their rehome section too.

(although it was debated on my forum, whether pets ended up there, that had either not sold in the sale section, or returned sales because bunny is not suitable, or poorly or bought on a whim or something similar.

However, whatever their reason for being in the rehome section, they need homes too!

I would understand reluctance towards buying one of these bunnies though.

Lucy was a P@H rehome bunny, (we knew of no rescues other than RSPCA in our area, and we refuse to go to RSPCA.) she needed a home, so we gave her one, obviously we knew nothing of future troubles (for us, not lucy), otherwise we wouldn't have adopted her.

yeah I know P@H have an adoption section - in fact 2 of my girls are from a doe who I was trying to rescue from there but she "disappeared" and I took 2 of her kits and I adore them...Im not saying they dont need homes...what Im saying is the people who bought the first bun where not advised on costs, houseing and basic care and this bunny died....through lack of proper care or illness...and they were not aware of bunny rescue etc....I do think if you support rescues more then pet shops it makes the demand from breeder a little less hopefully.

anyway - was pleased to hopefully help a rescue and a rescue bunny;)

Well done, I am glad they will try and get a rescue bun or two. Nice when someone listens to your advice and nice to think a rescue bun could be helped. :)

yeah hopefully it helped all round...Im hopefully going to be updated somehow...and will mention the forum too!;)

Well done for spreading the word about rescue bunnies.

Many people don't even know that there are such rescues for rabbits, guinea pigs etc.

Enlightenment is the way to go.

Fingers crossed they decide on a rescue bun!!

Back