• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clear tarp?

megansmummy

Mama Doe
I want some clear tarp to help weatherproof the run (the hutch already has a cover on) but tonight its pouring with rain and windy and the run just doesnt have enough protection for them at all (the piece of tarp im currently using doesnt cover both the sides (just the top).

I want enough to cover the top and both sides (one end is attached to the hutch and I was planning on leaving the other end open if that makes sense? So that they can see out and get fresh air :) does this sound ok? I was thinking I could put it over each side and secure it round the bottom with bricks to hold it down? Just thinking it will keep wind, blowing ran/snow etc out?

Is there anywhere good online to buy the tarp from?

I buy clear PVC from "The Range" - its £2 a metre and have it on my run....its the same stuff used as windows on hutch covers so not sure if its as thick as youd like...but it works great on my run as a windstop and rood cover. I also have one side of the run open so its not totally weather proof but it stops the run getting wet.;)

Back