• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My sisters rabbit died today.

She had several episodes over the past few weeks of tipping her head back to breathe coupled with a very snotty nose. My Simba had these symptoms when he had Pneumonia but his was constant for 3 days, progressively getting worse until he couldn't breathe or eat.

Milly would be fine inbetween the episodes, no runny nose, eating, playing normally.

Would it have been this that killed her? :(

My sister came over yesterday afternoon and we, of course, talked about Milly.

Her episodes would come on randomly. Her nose would start to drip with mucus and she would put her head back, attempting to get air into her lungs.

This would usually last for about 10 minutes but would take it out of her for 24 hours afterwards.

On occasion she was seen with her front paws on the wooden support of the kitchen chair with her head back, I assume to try to keep her airways open.

They had also come in from work/come down in the morning and find a little pool of mucus on the floor so knew she had had an episode whilst they weren't there.

On the afternoon of her death, my nephew had come in from school at 2pm (he's in 6th form) and Milly was fine. He went upstairs and came down an hour later and she had passed away :cry:

They are all distraught :cry:

Back