• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are the best & worst traits of your bunnies?

willowholly

Mama Doe
There are so many things I love about my buns(& the odd thing I dont),so I thought I'd share them with you.
The thing that annoys me about B is her lack of toilet training sometimes.She has had regular bouts of cystitis for the last 4 years & to be honest I get worried if I dont see one puddle on the floor per day so ive let her toilet training lapse I guess.What I love about her is her eyes.She has very expressionful eyes,almost human.Ive seen love,worry,anger,jealousy, "it wasn't me mum","I don't feel well"in those beautiful eyes.I love the subtle ways she shows me she loves me,by laying next to my feet.I love the way that dead on 6pm(tea time)she runs to the foot of the stairs looking for me to feed her.I love the way she has her shadow,Dill,following her.......
The thing that annoys me about Dill is his unwillingness to be touched by humans.I dont know whether he's always been like this or if he's like it due to the bad fight with his hutch mate or whether its because of the intensive treatment he had to help him recover from that fight.Ive never had a rabbit who doesn't like to be stroked before & sometimes find it frustrating.What I love about him is his cheekyness because although he doesn't like to be touched,he's not a nasty rabbit & he's not scared of us-he follows us around,looking to see what we're upto,he binkys & goes mad when treats are on the offin,if I'm laid on the floor,he will jump on me or put his nose on mine.As he doesn't like strokes,we great each other by me putting my hand to his nose & he nudges it.He has never ever pooed/weed outside of his litter tray unless B has been asleep in there & then he would find somewhere suitable like the pet carrier,so I have bought him a covered litter tray & put it where the carrier,for those times B wont let him in the other tray.In fact I can say in the 18 years of having houserabbits i've never had such a perfectly litter trained rabbit as Dill:D
The thing that annoys me about Casper is his habit of nipping painfully.He's done it from day one-before the hormones kicked in,during his adolescence,& now,whilst his hormones are getting in check.He does it if you're in his way,if he wants petting,or just for the hell of it!:evil:It hurts,& you can see daylight through my dressing gown!What I love about him is how affectionate he is.He sleeps on us,in our arms,between our hands as we type,between our legs,as we read.He craves attention.He licks us,he will do anything to show us how much he wants to be loved & to love.I love all 3 very much.:D

Thats lovely.

I love the way BB licks me when Im grooming him, the way he sits all ears up and content in his litter tray....the one he doesnt poop or pee in!! I love the way he supports his little sister,like he knows how ill she is and how weak she is and how she needs him.He loves her with his whole bunny being but I dont like the way hes terrified of everything.He freezes when picked up,and runs for safety all the time.

Lily is a little beauty.Comes when called,pounces at me if I touch her chest where the full deep fur is.I love the way she takes a treat out of my fingers and I love the way she almost shouts Brother!! Groom me!! Brother,I need you!!
But I hate the way shes always so ill.It leaves me feeling worried and jittery.

Mrs is a beautiful girl,and I love the way she sorts out other beings in her garden!! A cat, a magpie, she runs at it,sees it off!! I love the way she puts her paws on my chest when at the vets...Help me,Mummy!!
Shes not a naughty girl ,but I do wish she would get a bit closer to me emotionally.

Roland...his face.Hes just a loving little boy to Mrs,sits quietly when being groomed and runs around with biscuits in his mouth.

I love the way he licks his paw when he's trying to get to sleep. I love how he circles OH, humming when he wants food. I love his full-on flops where he goes belly up. I don't like the fact that he smells like one giant caecetrope at the moment :mrgreen: and I don't like that he is ALWAYS grumpy in the morning, and grunts and lunges.:lol:

I love the way jack follows us around and loves to lick our noses. I love the way he' s been totally toilet trained since day 1. I love how much he loves his food and will steal pellets from my hand and wait by the door while i prepare his supper. Don't like how he chews things he shouldn't.skirting boards, bannisters, cables, magazines etc.

:) i like this thread :)

bella:

i love how she takes so much time washing, especially when she cleans those big ears of hers. i love how she makes her self look like a tea cosy and tucks all her feet in. i love how she nusges your feet when she wants somthing, be it food/attention. i love how well i know her. she starts to get destructive when she wants something, OH spends ages trying to sork out what it is and then i can usually guess on the forst try ;) :lol:
the only thing that drives me bonkers is when she plays with the dog. she will run at him, hit him on the butt, spin around and run off. so he does it back and so on the game goes. i say this drives me bonkers because i worry she will get hurt :roll: but she starts it!!! little madam :lol:

jasper:

i love how he only trusts me (i know this sounds selfish but i cant help it :oops:) i love how his fluffy face looks like when he is eating. i love how grumpy he looks all the time. i love the little honks he makes as he circles my feet. the only thing that really gets to me is when he looks all scared. breaks my heart and i really wish i could change that about him but he is a very nervous bun :(

i :love: my guys xxx

I love how trusting Mischa is and how deeply he sleeps. I love how beautiful Mini's eyes are and how she can sit on her back legs for aaaaages. My little meerkat :love: I love how Nutmeg dreams and her funny un-ladylike poses. I love how Smudge knows exactly where 'home' is and how to get there.

As for worst traits, I honestly can't think of something for Mischa :shock: Mini is so, so nosey :roll: I wish Nutmeg didn't mainly mark everything as soon as she smells a strange smell and I wish Smudge was a bit more laid back and didn't get so agitated by things.

I love Yeti's attitude and bossy nature :) I love how inquisitive she is and how amazing it is to see her jump from sofa to sofa, she loves climbing stuff! I love how she stretches out and rolls onto her back and then how she will tuck herself up into a fluffball and sit there like a lion.
I dont like it when she chewed through my recharger wire :O and I dont like it when i try to catch her to put her back in the cage ..it takes ages!

Ada: + her intelligence, character, elegance and silkiness, and her liking for metacam and azithromycin, as if they were treats
- snatching food from Beatrix and sitting on her (which I know is just rabbit hierarchy, but I still don't like it), and being an awkward sod (the flipside of her intelligence)

Beatrix: + her cuteness and being just so ... bunnyish; being a bit feisty sometimes and standing up to Ada; struggling less when picked up; her adorable big furry feathery back feet
- being shy about being stroked, and having to be given medicine on basil leaves

Blousy; i love her confidence and the fact she is so nosy! i love her pretty face and the way she flops and the way she always comes to see me when i go out. i like that she is a heffalump but thinks she is as petite and tiny as the other 2! i don't like that once every blue moon for no good reason she pulls a tuft of fur out of poor Lula.

Lula: i love her sweetness and the fact she likes to be sat up high all the time, the way she begs for crunchies and doesn't let Blousy bully her. i love how much she loves cardboard boxes, they keep her happy for hours and she loves being outside come rain or shine. i hate that although she never seems stressed or struggles when handled she always stamps at me when i put her back down!

Buddy; i love his beautiful eyes and that he comes to me for cuddles, i love his thick woolly mammoth winter coat and the way he runs to me when i shake the treat box. the way he is always contented and loves to sit in his dig box in the sunshine. get annoyed over the way he lets the girls push him about and steal his food without even attempting to stop them, but he doesn't seem to mind. :love:

Poppy's best trait is how she loves her cuddles and just wants to groom everyone :) her worst is that because she isn't spayed yet she will start wanting to hump you at about 9 at night :lol: which is why she has her big bear :lol:

Donny's best trait is how lovely and cuddley he is :love: he loves being picked up for cuddles but will tell you by nudging you if he wants you to put him down :) his worst is that he insists on pulling all of the hay out of his litter tray :evil: :lol:

Lola's best trait is how good she is with her litter tray and when you stroke her she will stick her nose right in the air for optimum strokes :lol: her worst is that she is a stubborn madam and if she doesn't like something she will rub her teeth on you :roll: hopefully she calms down a bit when she is spayed :lol:

Leo's best trait is how much better he is :love: how much stronger his legs are and how loving and special he is :) his worst trait.. maybe the pushing of his food bowl and chucking the nasty bits of food everywhere :lol: and he likes to dig his water bowl :? :lol:

Back