• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grieving

Lessie

Alpha Buck
Why is it so difficult to grieve or just even to think about your beloved rabbit(s)?

This is a constant battle for me, I still can't move on and still hate myself.

Wish I could come on here a lot more often but still have no internet at home, and didn't realise this is not blocked at college.

I just needed to hear (if you don't mind sharing) if you ever do grieve or accept it and able to move on.

I just want her back, I'm not the same without her. This is the first time I've opened up since I last came on here.

It's hell and I miss her so much even though I try not to think about it otherwise I'll be a mess and I've got my other pets to think about but she is always at the back of my head every single day.

Had to get this off my chest - do ignore me though.

Hope you're all well and your bunnies of course
Lessie

I dont think I ever 'get over' the loss of a Rabbit and for me moving on is simply continuing to care or my remaining Rabbits. I often think of those no longer with me, just this morning Fleetwood Mac's 'Sarah' was on the radio and immediately my thoughts turned to one of my Bridge Bunnies who was called Sarah.

The memories of Rabbits who have passed away never leave, but the remembering becomes less acutely painful and I can think of the happy times we shared, not just the awful time when they had to leave.

how sad :(

You will grieve at some point, it just takes time. Everyone is different - when someone or something dies that we are attached to it is not necessarily the case that the bereaved breaks down and sobs constantly there and then. It can take months. When my uncle died, my auntie was absolutely fine for about 6 months. His passing then suddenly hit her and she almost had a breakdown - their son had to move back in with her for a while as she just became a recluse almost; not eating, drinking, staying in bed (or getting up but not getting dressed) and so on. She's now okay.

So give it time.

I do grieve for my past bunnies, well in fact for all my past animals.

But I do accept that when they have gone, there is a space here for an rescue animal to come and live.

Out of sadness, comes the chance for happiness.

It definitely does help I find.

So sorry to hear that you are having a tough time.

Take care of yourself and perhaps one day it will become easier for you. x

Back