• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Using the crumbs at the bottom of the pellet bag to make biscuits.

Janey

Warren Veteran
Somebody once made a thread on this. They used the crumbs at the bottom of the pellets to mix with other things to make bunny biscuits, does anyone know who it was?

I have looked for the thread and recipe but can't find it. I've got a whole tupperware full of excel crumbs and would like to get baking :)

We used 2 cups of pellet crumb, 1 cup of porridge oats, a banana or two and a few tbsps of honey. It's quite a crumbly mixture, not like pastry, so instead of rolling it out and cutting shapes, we would put the cutter on the baking tray, fill the shape with mix to a depth of abuot 1cm and squash it down. Then bake in a low oven, about 100oC for 12 hours :)

I usually just tip the crumbs onto the floor in the run (it's on concrete) and let the rabbits hoover it up :lol: I don't get enough crumbs to make anything with and they go mad for the bits, it's quite comical. I think it's their drug of choice :shock: :lol:

It was me, I made the thread.

I use the crumbs with some oats, grated apple, carrot and a bit of honey and any other bits of my buns fave treats.

I mix it all in a bowl then add enough water to make it into a paste.

then I push in onto a baking tray and put the cut marks in it and then leave in the oven on a very very low heat until it dries out.

You can make loads in one go and they last for ages.

My buns love them.

I hope yours will too

It was me, I made the thread.

I use the crumbs with some oats, grated apple, carrot and a bit of honey and any other bits of my buns fave treats.

I mix it all in a bowl then add enough water to make it into a paste.

then I push in onto a baking tray and put the cut marks in it and then leave in the oven on a very very low heat until it dries out.

You can make loads in one go and they last for ages.

My buns love them.

I hope yours will too

Oooh thank you, i knew somebody had made a thread because i'd saved all the empty food packets.

I will be giving it a go over the weekend-i am sure they will like them, they certainly like all the ingredients.

We used 2 cups of pellet crumb, 1 cup of porridge oats, a banana or two and a few tbsps of honey. It's quite a crumbly mixture, not like pastry, so instead of rolling it out and cutting shapes, we would put the cutter on the baking tray, fill the shape with mix to a depth of abuot 1cm and squash it down. Then bake in a low oven, about 100oC for 12 hours :)

Thanks for the baking tips, i will try adding banana too, especially as my Mum gifted me 3 today (although i think they were meant to add to my 5 a day). He he!!

Perfect timing!! I was wondering what to do with all the crumbs at the bottom! I store it all in a large bin so get loads of crumbs at the bottom!!

Last xmas we bought a cone with rabbit foody stuff stuck to it (cone xmas tree think it was called) me being me I saved it and im going to use all my left overs to recreate it for present this year! If it will stick in that is!

Back