• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for beautiful little Simba

Fayelou

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone

Please can you give me and Simba some vibes for our vet visit tomorrow.

She is going first thing in the morning cause of her terrible sneezing and snotty nose. Poor girl has been making a horrid noise now and again, like a duck quacking and has been doing up to 30 sneezes in a row.

Lets hope she gets sorted with a good course of medicine that works this time.

She had 10 days of baytril before and her sneezing came back.

Hope you all have a fab weekend and loads of nose rubs to your buns xxxxxxxxxxx

I hope that Simba will so be better.

I would ask the Vet about the possibility of her snottiness being related to Dental problems- those that involve tooth root elongation. Lionheads are prone to Dental problems so this is certainly something I would want the Vet to consider. With tooth root elongation the roots can penetrate the nasal passages. This causes sneezing, snotty nose and noisy breathing, especially when eating or sleeping.

Good Luck xx

I hope that Simba will so be better.

I would ask the Vet about the possibility of her snottiness being related to Dental problems- those that involve tooth root elongation. Lionheads are prone to Dental problems so this is certainly something I would want the Vet to consider. With tooth root elongation the roots can penetrate the nasal passages. This causes sneezing, snotty nose and noisy breathing, especially when eating or sleeping.

Good Luck xx

Was about to type the same thing, but you saved me the trouble Jane and put it much more effectively.

Loads of vibes for Simba

If they do the same set of tests they did for Ada (same practice) they will do a skull & chest x-ray along with the C&S. However, these tests need a whole day - in at 8-9am and collected after 5pm. Not sure if they do them at weekends.

Thank you all so much for sending vibes and thanks Jacks Jane...I will definitely mention that.

On her first visit, the vet mentioned her teeth, but said they were ok just need to keep an eye on them. Second visit the next vt didn't check teeth.

Vita, she is going to Pet Medics in Salford, not Ashleighs as Aiden isn't in or any other rabbit savvy vet.

I am going to ask plenty of questions and make sure she is thoroughly checked over this time.

Any other questions I should ask?

Thanks so much all xxx

Thank you all so much for sending vibes and thanks Jacks Jane...I will definitely mention that.

On her first visit, the vet mentioned her teeth, but said they were ok just need to keep an eye on them. Second visit the next vt didn't check teeth.

Vita, she is going to Pet Medics in Salford, not Ashleighs as Aiden isn't in or any other rabbit savvy vet.

I am going to ask plenty of questions and make sure she is thoroughly checked over this time.

Any other questions I should ask?

Thanks so much all xxx

The only way to confirm if it is elongated tooth roots, is via xray, so might be worht asking if theyd be prepared to do that?

they might not risk an xray because of the breathing problems...but if they can help you get it under control to do it..youre onto a winning streak.

berties tooth roots skull etc..fine......but hes got pasturella in his nose..sinuses etc.....but so far..NOT on his chest.

i dnt know if its on here but i was reading somebodys bun had pus in one nostril with the other symptoms..poor bun had an abscess in its nose:shock::(

as for baytril....might as well give tap water:censored:

ask vet to try maybe two injections of alomycin...usually does the trick for bertie...but recently he had to have a two week course.....started improving then fireworks...stress brings on symptoms:wave: Then perhaps theyll be able to xray.

will be keeping fingers tightly crossed.

I have posted an update after going to the vets, it is in "Health".

I am worried, she is quiet today and sneezy

Back