• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1st attempt at bunny biscuits!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Well I have been promising D&D I'd try making them some bunny biscuits. However, they havent turned out quite right! They are still soft!! I had them in for an hour and half at GasMk2 whereupon it smelt like the hay bits were trying to burn and the tops had gone crispy. I turned off the oven and left them in there overnight but this morning they are soft :? Would it be ok to put them back in the oven tonight for a bit longer?

I hadnt a clue what I was doing but Daisy enjoyed licking the spoon afterwards :lol: How exactly does everyone cut up the hay! I stood there like a numpty with a pair of scissors does everyone else put the hay in the blender?

bunnybiscuits.jpg

bunnybiscuitsDD.jpg

ohhhh i would love to make my 2 some bunny biscuits. where did you get the recipe? could you post it on here?

:D

Your not the only one that stood there with scizors cutting up hay as i did the exact same and got in a mess, mine wouldnt go hard either but archie enjoyed them anyway he ate them so fast, i got in such a mess making them tho haha :L

I had the same problem, mine went crispy on the top but were soft in the middle. By the next morning they were soft all over :?

Daisy: They was nommy :D I sat in the kitchen watching The Mummy who took forever!! But I did get to lick the spoon afterwards mmmmm. I doesnt mind them a bit soft but The Mummy wanted to put them back in the oven to make them harder BUT the bunny biscuits has broken the oven :shock:!!!! It makes a strange loud noise now and wont work!! now The Mummy wont let us have them because she's afraid that because they are soft they might have gone mouldy inside or something :(

Daisy: They was nommy :D I sat in the kitchen watching The Mummy who took forever!! But I did get to lick the spoon afterwards mmmmm. I doesnt mind them a bit soft but The Mummy wanted to put them back in the oven to make them harder BUT the bunny biscuits has broken the oven :shock:!!!! It makes a strange loud noise now and wont work!! now The Mummy wont let us have them because she's afraid that because they are soft they might have gone mouldy inside or something :(

How sad! :(

Surely the biscuits wouldn't go mouldy so quickly? They might not be good for your digestion though, if a bit doughy in the middle.

Sounds like an extra fenugreek crunchie might be in order. ;)

How sad! :(

Surely the biscuits wouldn't go mouldy so quickly? They might not be good for your digestion though, if a bit doughy in the middle.

Sounds like an extra fenugreek crunchie might be in order. ;)

I don't know :? its been a few days now I wouldnt dare risk giving them something that might make them ill Id never forgive myself, my cooking isn't the greatest so I always live in fear of poisoning someone :lol:

Daisy is on another diet so the FCs are at a bare minimum :( that's why I thought I'd make the biscuits at least I would know what was in them!

I had a bad week last week with water coming through the kitchen ceiling, Dudley thought they were going to drown, then the oven stopped working and as of yesterday I can't get any hot water out of the bath tap.. my poor house is dying on me :lol:!

Mine stayed soft and moist in the middle too :?

My buns looooved them, but unfortunately I had to throw them out after a couple of days as I was worried about them going off :(

I've never had a problem with them going soft and they last for a few months. How long are you cooking them for?

I did mine for an hour on a low temperature, then turned the oven off and left them in there to cool. Maybe I need to do it on a lower temperature for longer?

Spenser: And very nommy they are too. :thumb: Mummy is very stingy with them. :evil: I still have some from Halloween.

I think thats why they are so popular. I can only fit 6 bags in the oven at one time and I have 40 christmas bags ordered so we will be eating a lot of chips from the chippy in December and our electricity bill will be :shock::shock: :lol::lol:

Back