• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Bennett NO. RUINING PINE DOUBLE BED. Ruined new 2nd bedroom curtains.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
I can hear munching at the side of the bed. Thought is was the skirting boards, checked, no a big chunk out of the pine double bed. No one will ever see it but he is very norty.

Every morning the new routine is the 2nd bedroom curtains, I found a pile of chewed material on the floor PLUS everyday behind that wardrobe gap pieces of ripped up carpet.

None will be visible to visitors but what can I do to stop him slowly ruining all the furniture, curtains and carpet ?

Ooooops norty Mr B :no:

I have found that wafting an open bottle of Olbas Oil near (but NOT touching) the offending Bun's nose and saying a firm 'no' accompanied by a stamp of my foot works well. I do get the Bunny equivalent of the one finger salute ( a waggle of the tail and a thump of a hind leg) but it seems to stop the unwanted destructive behaviour. I am sure that Mr B has lots of other toys ?

Ooooops norty Mr B :no:

I have found that wafting an open bottle of Olbas Oil near (but NOT touching) the offending Bun's nose and saying a firm 'no' accompanied by a stamp of my foot works well. I do get the Bunny equivalent of the one finger salute ( a waggle of the tail and a thump of a hind leg) but it seems to stop the unwanted destructive behaviour. I am sure that Mr B has lots of other toys ?

Oh yes. He has trashed their tunnel too. All the ties and velco have been chewed off. They have 2 balls, mainly ignored. I have put out cardboard boxes, tubes, magazines etc. All ignored. I can hear him now in the other room having fun with the tunnel.

After an hour or so of rampaging Mr Bennett is content to relax for the rest of the day until he comes out for dinner.

He will jump on the bale of hay and play but I heard him chewing something again, checked and it was either an attempt at the wall or skirtings. He explores all over the place, but banned from the living room now as he loves cables as well. :lol:

I try and play with him but he is like a hyperactive toddler and so easily distracted. I have been using crunchies as bribes.

Thanks Jane will get some Oibas Oil.

Oh dear Mr Bennett! So perfect in so many ways!! :love::love:

This is why I would struggle with house buns!!!!

Oh dear Mr Bennett! So perfect in so many ways!! :love::love:

This is why I would struggle with house buns!!!!

I think it is revenge for me kissing him all the time. :lol:

Never had a problem before. To be fair it was Nancy and Sunshine that ruined the bottom of the other curtains. Sunshine had a good go at the suitcase under the bed and did ruin a single mattress under the other bed. We had to get rid of it. Ummm so he was pretty norty too. :lol::lol:

Still at least its not visable, its always behind something.

Discovered the chinchillas had chewed my antique bureau at the bottom and 2 of the wooden handles. They are replacements anyway.

Those bunnies. :roll:

Smoo has ripped up all my carpet in the bedroom in one corner....

I had to move George and Gemma from the lounge into the kitchen in the end as they were slowly nomming their way through the lounge. One of my friends said I would eventually come home from work and find just a pile of bricks. I put up barriers but they still managed to get through them.

They are now eating the cladding and door frame in the kitchen but that is all I have that they can damage, whereas in the lounge they nommed the sofa, TV, DVD and Freeview cables, DVD cases, wallpaper - and plaster, two sleeping bags, a bag of coal, dried flowers, cushions and rug. How two small creatures could cause so much destruction I don't know - but they were eventually evicted.

And wasn't it Smoo who got the small gap between the door and the inside child gate/barrier ?

With your chins and Smoo you won't have much left. :shock:

You know who's done the most damage? SPG. My smallest pet, he tried to make a nest with my carpet and has done more damage in half an hour than Smoo's done in two years! :shock:

You should see what Mischa did with my old curtains in the lionheads room, back when they were in here, before I got Nutmeg or Smudge. Like lace I tell you. When I got my new curtains and nets for this room I was convinced that Nutmeg and Smudge would eat them as they like sitting on the windowsill. Not one bite. :shock:

I had to move George and Gemma from the lounge into the kitchen in the end as they were slowly nomming their way through the lounge. One of my friends said I would eventually come home from work and find just a pile of bricks. I put up barriers but they still managed to get through them.

They are now eating the cladding and door frame in the kitchen but that is all I have that they can damage, whereas in the lounge they nommed the sofa, TV, DVD and Freeview cables, DVD cases, wallpaper - and plaster, two sleeping bags, a bag of coal, dried flowers, cushions and rug. How two small creatures could cause so much destruction I don't know - but they were eventually evicted.

:shock: I suspect Mr Bennett was at the plaster in the hallway too. Goodness the rug, cushions etc. He hasn't touched them yet.

You should see what Mischa did with my old curtains in the lionheads room, back when they were in here, before I got Nutmeg or Smudge. Like lace I tell you. When I got my new curtains and nets for this room I was convinced that Nutmeg and Smudge would eat them as they like sitting on the windowsill. Not one bite. :shock:

Ready made lace curtains, especially made by Mischa. :shock:

You don't know what bunny to trust when you first get them. Cutie-pie is a good girl. Although she runs when she sees me. :lol:

Which types of barriers do these wily rabbits manage to squeeze / chew through?

After experiencing the first instances of destructo-bun today I'm quite keen to know what does and doesn't work.

Which types of barriers do these wily rabbits manage to squeeze / chew through?

After experiencing the first instances of destructo-bun today I'm quite keen to know what does and doesn't work.

I don't have any barriers.

Jenova had a gate type thing and another barrier, her bunny was in the gap, which was fairly wide and chewed the carpet. So her bunny and my bunny had nothing to squeeze through. The problem with freeranging bunnies.

I don't have any barriers.

Jenova had a gate type thing and another barrier, her bunny was in the gap, which was fairly wide and chewed the carpet. So her bunny and my bunny had nothing to squeeze through. The problem with freeranging bunnies.

If it's ok to ask, which one is which in the pictures? They both sound like such strong characters - but rather stressful!

I have Milly... I know your pain! :lol:

My carpet now looks like it's made of lace! :roll: Wallpaper is slowly going, bedsheets are all completly ruined...
That's just last night!

Back