• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send vibes, I can't cope with this right now :(

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Off to the vets with Tinkerbell again, her mobility is much worse,shes had her metacam increased to twice a day but shes still getting worse, i let them out this morning and she was hopping but very stiff sideways, she was only out an hour and has started to drag herself on her stiff side :cry: I have to brush her bottom everyday as it gets so matted, even though i trim the fur she just can't do it and she hates me doing it, with the wet grass its just a nightmare and i'm terrified of her getting sore. Mum has her chemo today which we don't think is even going to work and this is the last thing i need.... i have this horrble gut wrenching feeling they're going to ask me to pts :cry:

I just feel sick with all this worry and stress at the moment.

Sending vibes for Tinkerbell, and hugs for you. xxx

I'm really sorry you ar having such a bad time. :(

Oh Lara, I am so sorry.

Do YOU think it's time for Tinkerbell to be PTS or is she still fighting and has a good quality of life?

Sending lots of vibes for you, your Mum and Tinkerbell.

You know where I am if you want to chat xxxx

I'm going to see what the vet says, she is perky but its awful seeing her trying to haul herself around and shes making her leg sore. She hates me grooming her, I'm as gentle as possible but she was so annoyed a couple of weeks ago, she bit me which shes never ever done before, none of my buns have ever bitten me :( its hard to tell with bunnies whether they are suffering or not, she spends most of her time in the shed and when she wants to come out she literally throughs herslf down the ramp, I've put beds either side incase she falls off, not sure what I'm going to do about that.

I think her problem is far too severe to be helped by acupunture Jane, she was dragging herself on her side today which i've never seen her do and she had not long had her metacam.

I need to think about her quality of life, its more difficult right now because the thought of losing her too is killing me :cry: but I can't be selfish, whatever I do will be in her best interest, not mine.

Sorry to hear Tinkerbell is so poorly. Cold and damp play havoc with arthritis. :cry: Perhaps a heat pad to sit on at night time would help her mobility during the day? It worked wonders for Nino. He also got improved mobility with the use of glucosamine. There are other joint supplements that other members have also found useful. Perhaps she could have a higher dose of metacam twice a day as well? Sounds like she is very inflammed in her joints poor thing.

Hope everything goes ok today. Lots of vibes x

Sorry to hear Tinkerbell is so poorly. Cold and damp play havoc with arthritis. :cry: Perhaps a heat pad to sit on at night time would help her mobility during the day? It worked wonders for Nino. He also got improved mobility with the use of glucosamine. There are other joint supplements that other members have also found useful. Perhaps she could have a higher dose of metacam twice a day as well? Sounds like she is very inflammed in her joints poor thing.

Hope everything goes ok today. Lots of vibes x

Thank you, I will suggest this to the vet, really hope we can help her. x

Oh i am sorry youre going through such a horrible time Lara :cry:

My thoughts are with you, your mum and poorly Tinkerbell xxxxxx

Sending all my vibes to Tinkerbell and your mum. My dad is having chemo at the moment so I can relate to what you are going through xx

Increased metacam really helped with Dylan's mobility, although I noticed this morning he is struggling a bit with the ramp in their hutch - getting down, rather than getting up, which surprised me.

The vet gave me tramadol too to use in case Dylan gets bad again as the last episode was short and responded well to additional pain relief and then I was able to decrease it again, although it is still higher than it used to be.

All the time he is eating and occasionally coming out of the hutch and isn't in pain I will continue with his treatment. He is a bun who seems to really enjoy bunny companionship so I think he is happy snuggling with his two wives. He doesn't like me giving him metacam but tolerates it.

I used to have to clean my bridge bun Daisy's bottom at least once a day but she never bit me and seemed to put up with it. It must be really difficult for you as Tinkerbell hates being groomed so much.

Could you make shallow steps rather than the ramp? That's what I did for my bridge bun Sue when she couldn't cope with jumping out of the hutch any longer. I built some steps out of large blocks. Bumble uses them now as he is partially sighted. They worked well for Sue and Bumble. Easier for them to navigate and less steep than a ramp.

Back