• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Insurance - if I get it now

whitehood

Warren Veteran
If they don't pay for the dental - like cutting it down would they pay for the fluids or GA etc.
If I get it now I mean, Lucky's already a dental bun.

And because they don't pay for stuff that's occured before the insurance, like lucky's runny nose.
Would they not pay for meds and stuFf because its to do with 'lucky's runny nose' ?

As far as i know, they will not put a penny towards anything that relates to a pre-existing condition.

Last edited:
And also, even if it wasn't a pre-existing condition, you may struggle to get them to pay for anything dental related :wave:

You must disclose all pre-existing conditions when taking out the insurance - they will ask for vet records to be sent, then they will make any exemptions. I was told all cases are looked at individually - one of mine had a Stassis episode prior to insurance being taken out, they looked at the details in the vets records and excluded anything similar for 12 weeks, when she got through this period without further issue they extended to full cover.

When taking out insurance there are 3 different "types". IMO the best to go for is a "Covered for live" policy which means whatever develops later will be covered for the rest to the rabbits life, say a kidney problem developed for instance, some policies would cover everything up until the renewal date then you would find it excluded from there on, but a CFL policy will continue to ensure for the kidney probs.

I have covered for life policies for my 2 and pay about £27 a monthe for the pair - I think prices vary a bit depending on the area you live in.

I didn't bother insuring either of my buns. All the money I've spent on vets bills has been for dentals, I was under the impression they wouldn't pay anything towards dentals for bunnies. This will be the most likely regular issue that you'd have to pay out for so I figured if they wouldn't cover that there's no point. I just put a little money away everytime I get paid...that's my insurance.

Hope this helps. x

I didn't bother insuring either of my buns. All the money I've spent on vets bills has been for dentals, I was under the impression they wouldn't pay anything towards dentals for bunnies. This will be the most likely regular issue that you'd have to pay out for so I figured if they wouldn't cover that there's no point. I just put a little money away everytime I get paid...that's my insurance.

Hope this helps. x

As I understand it (I'm with Pet Plan) dentals are only excluded when you take on the policy if the rabbit has pre-existing dental issues, provided they have regular checks.

Back