• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Hugo

MichG

Mama Doe
My mum's bun has stasis. Just got home from the vets.
Could little Hugo have some vibes please? He is such a sweet bun. My poor mum has never had a poorly bun before and just kept repeating "but he was fine and eating like normal this morning" She found him hunched in the corner and not eating when she got home from work at 5.

Very impressed that she rang me straight away, always get the impression that my parents love their buns but don't want to spend money on them. Glad she proved me wrong now he is poorly.

He was dumped at P@H with really malloccluded incisors which were growing into his nose, obviously in a lot of pain and emaciated. He came straight to the vets where P@H paid for all his treatment and my mum adopted him to go with her 2 other buns :love:
My vet said she had never seen incisors so bad. He doesn't deserve to be poorly :cry:

Poor lad :cry:

Maybe his molars are a problem now, hence the gut stasis

Loads of vibes being sent xx

Vet checked his molars and said it definitely wasn't them. She couldn't work out the cause, she couldn't feel any impaction but said it could be too small to feel.

Thanks everyone for the vibes x

ah but did the vet see ANY spurs..even teeny ones..? my bif used to go nuts with teeny spurs..and merlin is the same.

Like people...bunnies pain threshold can vary enormously...and at different times it can go off whack..get higher or lower due to other circumstances.

sending vibes for poor hugo...and nose rubs.........and a hug for your mum...my mums 81 and dotes on her housebunny...and always says...should i be worried about...is she sick..is this stasis.........etc etc.....and shes had stasis with no obvious cause several times.

my mum used to moan about how much id spend on vets fees etc...and how id take a bunny when as far as she could see it wasnt ill..having her own bun soon changed that!

ah but did the vet see ANY spurs..even teeny ones..? my bif used to go nuts with teeny spurs..and merlin is the same.

To be honest she didn't say, she just said they look fine. Mum is dropping them off here in an hour so I can take him to work with me (I work at a vets) so I can feed him etc today. Will speak to the vet again and ask.

Hope he feels better soon. Is he bloated at all? I found Infacol works for Sprocket. :thumb:

Nope, there was no bloat, no impaction, no nothing. Every thing just stopped working :shock:
He is on the mend now, and has starting pooping small mishapen poo's and is happily munching on some veg, so fingers crossed he is through the worst!!

Thanks for all the well wishes though :)

comon hugo..poo dem poops! i hope he starts improving now..rapidly but we all know hos slow recovery can be. just an unexplained bout of stasis...horrific but least no underlying health problem as the cause.

sending tummy moving vibes for hugo xx

Back