• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suitable rabbit bed ideas

BrambleBerry

Warren Scout
Hi all :wave:

Bramble has had a cat iglu bed type thing for the last month and she has loved it. However she has now shredded it :lol: so i am on the look out for a new bed for her.

Has anyone had a bed that has stood the test of time (or more importantly he test of rabbits teeth)? She is quite a large rabbit so it would need to be quite a big bed. But it would also need to fit inside a medium sized dog crate.

My Leo has a hooded cat litter tray which he loves. I stuff it with hay and he makes a burrow in it. I was intending him to use it as a litter tray but he's decided it works better as a bed and to poop over the floor :roll:

what about this maybe :)

dscf5928-98733072.jpg

great for chewers and buns who love to wee :D
a bed thats never soiled unlike the very soft ones

Both my pairs have a dog bed each, the lionheads use it more than the lops, Smudge loves it and is often to be found in there. Both my pairs also have their carrier on the floor but that tends to be used less. My lops like to snooze under my bed.

what about this maybe :)

dscf5928-98733072.jpg

great for chewers and buns who love to wee :D
a bed thats never soiled unlike the very soft ones

I have a dog bed for mine just like that! My two wee in it so having a soft bed would be pointless.

I bought them a comfy dog blanket and they wee on that, I don't think they want to be comfy!!!

I must be lucky that Bramble hasn't wee'd on her squishee mat thingy yet :lol: however she did empty her water bottle all over it last night :roll:

I think i have found her a house now that she cannot destroy. Will post pics when it arrives :thumb:

If it's big enough, this is really pretty as well as functional.

I use a cardboard box inside a cardboard box wrapped in blankets in my shed. They tend to pee on anything soft and covered.

Mine do have a dog bed...took the squishy cushion out though as they battled to jump with it in...I bought it as its got a waterpoof base and it goes inside my sideboard...where the ourdoor tunnel comes intside..so was abit tired of the wee in my sideboard area...so it fits great and I put a fleece inside that - sits easy to wipe clean and wash or replace the fleece blanket...buuut they have chewed it and taken some of the stuffing out...but thats was at first and now they dont seem to bothered by it...so yes it been chewed and there are holes but its not too bad.

If it's big enough, this is really pretty as well as functional.

I use a cardboard box inside a cardboard box wrapped in blankets in my shed. They tend to pee on anything soft and covered.

Oh wow, that looks fab ......... in the 'customers pics' section the last two show a bunny using it!! Although obviously, depends how big the bunny is ...... but if its big enough for a cat!!?!

Oh wow, that looks fab ......... in the 'customers pics' section the last two show a bunny using it!! Although obviously, depends how big the bunny is ...... but if its big enough for a cat!!?!

It says the inside area is 42.5cmx45cm and 36.5cm high, if that helps :)

Back