• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More hutch covers?

Alicia

Mama Doe
About a month ago I started putting a shower curtain over the rabbit's hutch and that's all they've had for warmth since then, because I was worried that if I gave them too many covers too early they wouldn't get their winter coat, should I be putting more covers over the hutch now? And when should they have their snugglesafe? It's a bit cold but I'm worried that it's going to get a lot colder and I don't know if I should wait until it's a bit colder to give them more covers.

Mine have had their insulated covers on for over a month now, and they have still grown their winter coats. The cover is only on overnight so they will still feel the lower temperatures during the day so will grow their winter coat.

We have had the hutch cover on the hutch since we got the girls almost 3 weeks ago :) I put the front down at night but during the day its rolled up and they have the door open to their run :)

Back