• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone attached a runaround tube to a run without using an official door?

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
If so can you explain how you did it and possibly provide pics? It's a bit complicated but basically I'm moving their run off the grass onto the patio because I don't want them to have to hop around in a mudbath and also the heat off the house will be nice for them.

To do that I need to extend their tubes and they already have 2 x 8 ft tubes and I don't want to make a straight run of 24ft as I feel it's a bit unfair on them. So I'm going to build my own mesh narrow run about 6ft x 2ft, and attach the shed to a tube to the homemade run to a tube to the run! I really don't have the money to spend £45 on two runaround doors that I'm only going to use for a few months a year, so yeah any ideas would be appreciated!

ive attached the tubes to a wire door,dont know if you can tell from the pic but i used some cable ties and tied some wire to the door,then i cut out a round space big enough to push the tube through,then i just used cable ties again to tie the tube to the wire door

100_1093.jpg

We cut out a square of mesh and bolted on 2 pieces of wood, so the mesh is sandwiched between the wood. The wood has a hole for the tube to go through. We wound wire round the tube and tied it to a nail on the outside so the tube can't be pulled out.
P1000439.jpg

Thanks for those pics and descriptions , definitely looks doable now ! Just wondering where I can get some wire from :D

i got a roll of wire from the poundshop but they wont have it now with it been out of season,you could go to b&q/homebase,sometimes they have pannnels of wire,which are about £5-6,so depending on how many door-ways you want to do

Back