• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit rescue centres north Aberdeenshire

As far as I know there are no dedicated rabbit rescues up here.
The New Arc have rabbits, as do the Willows, Runky Animal Rescue take rabbits and we have sanctuary buns.
Why do you ask, I'm pretty sure you won't find any who routinely neuter, some don't homecheck and some don't vaccinate, there are none like on here, I'm sure.

Thanks. A friend has a single rabbit, thinking about getting another for company so I suggested rescue then realised that I didn't know any in her area :oops:

Am I right in thinking you don't rehome?

No we don't.
I know of a male house rabbit looking for a home, got e-mailed tonight about him. He is challenging the owner says, but only mentions that he doesn't like to be picked up. I've also been told the New Arc have 4 rabbits at e moment because they are preparing for winter- it would be good to get one out of there. There seem to be few rescues who take in small animals up here, as far as I know.
Your friend could also check out runky animal rescue- cam contact them on their website but no idea how kniwledgeable they are- will almost guarantee they do nit neuter and probably don't vaccinate. I believe they do homecheck, the New Arc don't. I have no idea about the Willows.
She could also contact PAWSS, they rehome from home and are small scale ( they probably sti do homechecks but do not neuter or vaccinate.
Hope this helps, sorry, we need someone up here to start a proper rehoming rescue.

Oh there is also the SSPCA in drumoak.

Thanks thats great. The rabbit she has at the moment is an outdoor one which I guess rules out the house rabbit. Will suggest those places to her. Don't think her bun is neutered yet so she's not planning on getting the friend just yet.

I'm sure a house rabbit would adjust to outdoors, maybe not this winter but in the spring, it shouldn't be a problem. If he came here he would be outdoors ( in a shed over winter.)

thanks. Its a boy she has at the moment. If she's looking for a bun in the spring would it be ok to pm you to see if you know of anyone at the time?

Back