• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nightmare with humping and biting

Fayelou

Alpha Buck
My bun only started displaying sexual behaviour yesterday and I have had a nightmare with her tonight.

It was quite funny at first when I realised she was humping my arm! But she literall won't stop and bites my arm really hard at the same time, which I tried to tolerate but now having an arm covered in raised red marks, I just couldn't take anymore so kept putting her down off the sofa. I still wanted her to exercise so tried putting her on living room floor etc but she kept jumping up at me on the sofa and doing the same.

To add to this, she is on Panacur for worms (which seems to have done the trick after just 2 days!) so I have to syringe her this and tonight alot of it went on her nose. I tried to clear it away and she cleared alot away herself.

Earlier, she had a big sneezing fit (which she has been suffering from anyway, though has improved hugely after a course of baytril) loads of snot came out and I cleaned her up, she tried to hump me the whole time and is stomping alot as well.

She is eating, drinking, pooing and eating.

I know I need to get her spayed, but she is only 6-7 months old and hasn't had her vaccinations yet. She is booked in next Saturday with a good vet. I would have had these done before, if she hadn't had snuffle problems and then worms.

I feel like a dreadful mummy but I have had to shut her in her cage (which I NEVER do normally) as I have had things to do around the flat etc tonight and she is dying to come out but I have had a horrible day anyway. She normally has at least 5 hours at night free range of the living room, kitchen, hall and bathroom but I gave up after 2 hours or so tonight.

Any help, advice much appreciated as always :cry:

I don't have any advice sorry - but don't feel like a dreadful mum, you obviously give her the love and care she needs and deserves, I'm sure you can be forgiven for a few hours off!

I hope you find some sort of solution soon :)

Thanks hun, I just feel dreadful as I don't want to not get her out...she has always been a beautiful, tame bun...but she really loves my arm :lol:

I can't get her spayed until after injections (and also want to take a few days off work so I can keep an eye on her). So know I need to deal with her hormones in the mean time.xx

Simba was really snotty this morning :-( gave her 0.1ml of metacam and wondered if this will make a difference. I will be out until 7:30 today as well and am at work at the moment worried sick.

If her behaviour is otherwise normal, will she be ok until Saturday?

Simba was really snotty this morning :-( gave her 0.1ml of metacam and wondered if this will make a difference. I will be out until 7:30 today as well and am at work at the moment worried sick.

If her behaviour is otherwise normal, will she be ok until Saturday?

I wouldn't leave her until Saturday- the longer you delay treatment, the more the illness will take hold and the more you'll need to fight and the harder you'll all have to fight.

If you can't go today, could you go tomorrow?

Back