• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch insulation??

LainiT

Warren Scout
Just wondering whether this will be ok. Been to B&Q to see what I could find...got a roll of fairly thick polystyrene and then was thinking of bubble wrapping over the top? Anyone ever used this approach?? The bunnies can't get to the outside of the hutch so no fear of being chewed...oooh what to do!!

I would steer clear of bubble wrap as it will cause the hutch to 'sweat'. I learnt this the hard way with my kennel. Ideally, you want to leave a very slight air gap between the hutch wall and the insulation. This allows the wood to breathe yet stay snuggly warm. I've insulated both my sheds with polystyrene sheeting and it's been great - no problems at all.

Oooh good I'm glad I'm not the only one! Cheers for the advice on bubblewrap, that'll be going back in the morning then! Would an extra layer of polystyrene help or cause the same sweating? Would it be waterproof enough? Questions questions!

Back