• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VIbes for my boy spooks please!

EB18

Warren Scout
I adopted spooks and Casper just over a week ago, they were neutured on the Tuesday and recovered really well. I notice yesterday that spikes had a squishy poo, but he was still eating and drinking and figured he'd had too much greens. Last night he was eating and drinking but was not himself. This morning I rushed him to the vet as his poos were getting more squishy. He was given a antibiotic and a pro biotic the vet said he was looking I'n good condition. At 4.30pm he had full on watery poos I rushed him straight to the vet were he is currently have a strong painkiller, recovery food, a gut stimulator and fluids. I'm picking him up I'n 5 mins to take him home as no one will be I'n the surgery to watch him overnight. I've Been told his outcome doesn't look good. I'm praying he's going to make it through. He did his first Binky on Sunday and finally started to become lively and enjoying the live he deserved from the beginning. He's approximately 1 and he's so lovely and I love him from the moment I saw him. Vibes please for my baby spooks xx

Lots of vibes for Spooks, I hope he is feeling much much better soon & is binkying away again before you know it.x.x.

Has he been given painkillers? What do they think is wrong with him? It seems very fast for him to go downhill so quickly. Have they treated him for coccidiosis for example? It may be worth posting some questions about it it Health as it may be that your vets are not very rabbit-savvy. :( I'd cut out all greens from his diet. Is he eating hay? Sending loads of vibes that he recovers...

He's been given a strong painkiller injection, he's not been eating anything not even hay :-( they think it's GI. I'm currently feeding him recovery plus every three hours and he's got antibiotics incase it's bacterial. And something to make his gut move. The vets I'm using is companion care as they came up as a rabbit savvy vet on an online search when looking for someone to spay my other bunny. I've been getting him to eat the recovery plus and he's drinking water himself. They haven't mention coccidiosis. They were concerned he got bad so quickly. Do u think I should ring up and mention it if he's still has dioreha I'n the morning? I guess it worth a try.

Last edited:
Yes I do. Try him on fresh dandelions or herbs to tempt his appetite. He may need more fluids today sub cut as well?

Mega vibes for your little one. I would definitely mention it to your vets as soon as you can so they know exactely what is going on so they can sort him somne treatment. Hope he gets better soon

Update- my poor baby

Well i rang the vets hes been seeing at campanion care (not my usual vets but meant to be good with bunnys and they had to be neutured there as part of there adoption scheme) to talk about coccidia and he just said i dont understand (hes foriegn) he said ive given him antibiotic for a parasite, but hes only given him baytril, so i rang my usual vets and they acquired the information from companion care, i rushed him down there before our apointment and they have emitted him, they have given him fluids, more food, more gut stimulate, more antibiotic etc, They have said he is very poorly and its touch and go, so i mention coccidia when the veternary nurse rang to tell me what the vet was doing for him as she was in surgery when he was emitted, i couldnt say it properly so i said it spelt like cocci and she said it straight up and i just said that he had been out in his outdoor run when this started so she said she will tell the vet and i need to ring back at five and see how hes doing and what she said about coccidia. so fingers cross he gets better. Im a wreck, ive been crying for the last two days, his mate casper is missing him already and hes been gone only an hour so hes going to have to get lots of attention. They didnt want to take casper in incase Spooks gave him anything, but im trying to watch him like a hawk and make sure hes eating and pooping normally like he has been. Im just so upset that the moment things were looking up for spooks and he was just starting to shine and then this happens :cry:

Back