• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For anyone who is interested ... a decision on Leos furture.

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
He is staying!

After speaking to the rescue at length and a few tears, it is decided that Lois will hopefully be bonded with another rabbit. On the basis that that works, they will then live in her and Leo's old set up.

Leo will then be moved to free range in my shed with access to an enclosed area round the side of the house. He won't have access to grass being the only downfall. This then allows for me to spend more one on one time with him outside in the shed when it is raining/cold etc without bringing him inside.

Financially I am at my limit now and my savings goal for rabbits and guinea pigs/month has gone up from £120 to £150 which should build up a nice little nest egg as non of them are due any vacs for 5months now.

Fingers crossed this will work. If for whatever reason Leo doesn't take well to being in the shed then rehome may be the only option. So fingers crossed everything works out a. for Leo and b. that Lois can have a playmate in the near future.

That's great! I'm glad you have managed to find a solution. :D

Thanks. I'm not going to lie, it's caused a huge argument in the household with the parents using the line of "those animals are taking over" but they also realise what they all mean to me so have relented ... just.

Thanks. I'm not going to lie, it's caused a huge argument in the household with the parents using the line of "those animals are taking over" but they also realise what they all mean to me so have relented ... just.

Im so pleased for you! I hope the upset will settle down...Its really difficult when there is arguments over animals...well done for doing all you can for Leo - sure is a very lucky bunny! Mine dont have access to grass all the time either and they fine - Id love them too....but safety is a first for me. well done you! :thumb::love::love::love:

Back