• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would Dill & Casper be friends without B?

willowholly

Mama Doe
Some of you may know I tried to bond my trio Sunday but stopped it as Dill kept locking onto Cas,B was hiding in a corner,crying & boxed Dill in the commotion.Casper also cried out,it was awful.Now if it had just been the two boys I may have been tempted to try again but to be honest B looked like she was going to drop dead with stress,shes an old girl for a frenchie,who has regular health problems so I will not be putting her through that again but thinking a head to the future(hopefully a very long way off),would Dill bond with Casper when its just the two of them, will Dill be more friendly without his wifee to protect?The reason I'm thinking about it now is because if you think they could never be friends,we may start thinking about getting cas a friend,though to be honest i'd rather not as we are bursting at the seems with 3.We thought about getting more than 2 if we moved,but there is no sign of our house selling & Cas wasn't planned-he was a stray we were going to rehome,but put us under his spell!If Dill & Cas is a definate nono,would they bond better if Cas had a girlfriend & they formed a trio?Found a beautiful girly on the green leaf animal rescue but hubby worried about,what would happen to Dill in the future.If I was confident my boys could work as a couple then I wont be bringing another rabbit into an already bursting at the seams household.What do you think?

Last edited:
To be honest, I think it's a complete unknown and not something we can predict, especially without having actually seen the behaviour with our own eyes.

Oh dear,ive just seen Jasmine in the In Need section,didn't realise she was on here,surely that must be fate?!I know I said we are bursting at the seams,but a little one like that surely wouldn't make much difference:lol:just need to work on hubby now;)she just keeps popping up & she is beautiful:love:

Back