• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Minnie Moos SECOND gotcha day. :D

MPHF

Alpha Buck
I'm so glad we have got to this day.

Minnie came to us with bad teeth, tooth root problems and abscess'. We have been treating her with Convenia injections and Metacam. She is now on the full whack of that. We went to thwe vets last night and after having a bad few days last week she has lost 0.4kg in weight. It is a just wait now and when the Metacam isn't enough or she is in total discomfort that will be the time to say goodbye.:cry:

But it's her 2nd gotcha day and we didn't even think we would get to one let alone two.

Here are some pics of our beautiful little diva.

IMG00342-20110123-2032.jpg

14112010.jpg

07112001.jpg

And Merry Christmas to you all from Minnie. xx (I know it's early but we don't think she'll make it to christmas but we've thought that before!)

17112010.jpg

Is it really? I didn't realise she came to you the day before Rosie came to me. I thought she came about a week after. :lol:

Happy Botcha Day Minnie Moo!

Did you have any thoughts about her treatment regime at all?

She will continue on Convenia every 2 weeks and the metacam. We asked about draining the abscess' and burring her teeth but he doesnt think she would make it through and as the abscess' are actually on the mandable that it probably wouldnt do much good. I remember we got Minnie and then you got Rosie so we knew Minnie was here to stay as you had Rosie.

Pfft, I told you all the way through that Minnie had a space with me if you ever needed it, and that genuinely was the case. With so many boys here, having needy girls is far easier than having needy boys need a space :lol: I'd still find her a place if you ever needed me to.

Hope the added Convenia helps, and I'm guessing her pain relief has been hiked up too- they have a doody little chart now (which I cheekily have a copy of) telling the max dosages for the different weights of bunnies. VERY useful :D

Pfft, I told you all the way through that Minnie had a space with me if you ever needed it, and that genuinely was the case. With so many boys here, having needy girls is far easier than having needy boys need a space :lol: I'd still find her a place if you ever needed me to.

Hope the added Convenia helps, and I'm guessing her pain relief has been hiked up too- they have a doody little chart now (which I cheekily have a copy of) telling the max dosages for the different weights of bunnies. VERY useful :D

Thanks Tracy. I always know that if I ever needed mine to go somewhere that you would take them and the same for you.

She is having 20 drops of metacam a day. Minnie is very easy to spot when she is in pain. The easiet of my bunnies anyway. She now weighs 1.9kg after being 2.3kg would that be about right on the chart?

Thank you Barn Yard Bunnies. It would be wonderful if she could make it to Christmas. Keeping my fingers crossed.

She is amazing.:love: but she gives so much to me too. She is just so brave and such a fighter.

Poor Minnie Moo is up and down like a yo-yo at the moment. Just when I think the time is here she picks up a bit.
Please keep fighting little one. :(

Back