• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I just cannot do rainbow bridge

Me neither.
I find it so heartbreaking.
I shed so many tears over the lost buns of RU.
The saddest part of that is that RU buns have had a chance at a good life with caring owners unlike so many other buns, even if their journey to their forever home was a precarious one.
I think its great that it is there & people can post & get support & hopefully aid their own grieving process.
However I have lost two buns this year & not posted about them on RB which makes me almost feel guilty....do I owe it to RU & my buns to post on RB?
But I feel like I'm not a huge contributor on RU & my guys weren't really well known & I am not sure if it would help me come to terms with their loss either.
Also not sure that I can put into words what they meant to me adequately.
Perhaps grieving privately is how I am.

Count me in too.

I don't know if it helps, but a GP friend was speaking of patients dying some months ago. "I thought it would get easier as I got older, but it doesn't. It's harder cos you've seen them have children, & the children grow up, through rough times & good, they're almost like friends ....."

I think it's a bit like that on RU when you've stayed round a bit.
Sometimes when I'm out getting Thumper's food, a whole list of bridge buns comes to mind with their photos. & what I learned about their lives.
I also think it's harder when your own bun(s) has ongoing illness & could go at any time.

After them finding me sitting sobbing uncontrollably at the computer, I promised my OH and son that I would stay away from RB for a bit. It was in the first few months after losing my special bun. I do hope to go back on there some time but it's just over a year and I know I'm not able to yet. But I do want to look at it

I cannot post on rainbow bridge

I read them but sob every time :(

Happy that people can leave a tribute to their special friends x

I am so glad I'm not the only one. I read the "new posts", but I avoid going on the rb posts. I find myself sobbing, and the tributes make me sob even more. I miss my babies on the bridge and hate to think of others going through that horrible sensation of losing a loved one.

i get very upset but i do try to post so that the person can see that i'm thinking of them as if i just read, it may look like no one cares:(

I think its great that it is there & people can post & get support & hopefully aid their own grieving process. However I have lost two buns this year & not posted about them on RB which makes me almost feel guilty....do I owe it to RU & my buns to post on RB?
No, you don't. It's not how I grieve either. We all grieve differently and there is no right or wrong way and Rainbow Bridge has obviously worked for many - here and elsewhere - for years... long may it continue to do so. But even my most special and beloved pets I've not posted about when they've died. I tend to have photos of them around and remember all the love and affection which has gone in both directions but it doesn't help me if other people participate.

Having said that, I can see that here on RU, so many of you virtually know each others rabbits (and other animals) that it's right that people are told of a passing.

I can't post on RB either. I used to but it became to much for me and now I never go in there. We have enough sadness here at the sanctuary I can't cope with other peoples :oops: :cry:

I am so glad you started this thread Amanda. I've not posted a thread on RB about Peggy, Sue and Tabitha who I have lost this year and I feel awful about it.

I do read some of the posts and find them moving and loving and I feel so bad that my furbabies haven't had that tribute but for whatever reason I just haven't been able to do it.

I'd like a Candle Ceremony so that we could all name all the beloved pets we have lost and remember them together but I know the ceremony wasn't 'well attended' so maybe I am the only one who feels that way. I guess it is difficult to find a time when lots of RU are on-line as we all have such different lives - and even live in different time zones.

Huge hugs to anyone missing a furbaby. I like to think the RU fur family have found each other at the Bridge and are busy making mischief and looking down on us all laughing and still loving us, despite the mistakes we make.

I understand why some folks feel they can't post or read RB threads as it's very upsetting. I blub all the time and frequently I hear about bunnies that I've come into contact with passing and that for me is even worse. However, I feel it's important for me personally to be reminded of the deep emotional attachment I have to animals, rabbits in particular and every time I shed a tear, it reminds me of why I do what I do (and what others who rescue buns) because it is the ebb and flow of life. I don't want to be desensitized at the passing of a loved rescue resident or family pet, I feel the need to keep me going and to remain focused on the need to do more for rabbit welfare in the UK.

I actually find it helps to share the loss of my own bunnies who pass, and to connect with others who have too.

This is our page for others to share https://www.facebook.com/groups/266964973101/

I understand why some folks feel they can't post or read RB threads as it's very upsetting. I blub all the time and frequently I hear about bunnies that I've come into contact with passing and that for me is even worse. However, I feel it's important for me personally to be reminded of the deep emotional attachment I have to animals, rabbits in particular and every time I shed a tear, it reminds me of why I do what I do (and what others who rescue buns) because it is the ebb and flow of life. I don't want to be desensitized at the passing of a loved rescue resident or family pet, I feel the need to keep me going and to remain focused on the need to do more for rabbit welfare in the UK.

I actually find it helps to share the loss of my own bunnies who pass, and to connect with others who have too.

This is our page for others to share https://www.facebook.com/groups/266964973101/

I agree with this. I also feel that for me it is important to try to offer comfort to a bereaved Rabbit care giver as I so often receive support and comfort from others. I know that words in a post on Rainbow Bridge cannot do much to heal the pain of loss, but I could not just avoid visiting Rainbow Bridge.

I really struggle with it. I can't read anything on RB without bursting into tears :cry: I just can't bear the thought of any bunny dying, not just my own. God help me when it's time for mine to go... :cry:
Sometimes I force myself to look and post as I would like others to do the same for me, bit I find it very, very hard :(

I agree with this. I also feel that for me it is important to try to offer comfort to a bereaved Rabbit care giver as I so often receive support and comfort from others. I know that words in a post on Rainbow Bridge cannot do much to heal the pain of loss, but I could not just avoid visiting Rainbow Bridge.

Its wonderful that there are people like you who can offer comfort, but for me I just don't have the strength :( It takes all my energy to cope with what is going on here, I have nothing left for anyone else. It doesn't mean I don't care, probably quite the opposite, and yes a part of me does feel very guilty that I can't.

I really struggle with it. I can't read anything on RB without bursting into tears :cry: I just can't bear the thought of any bunny dying, not just my own. God help me when it's time for mine to go... :cry:
Sometimes I force myself to look and post as I would like others to do the same for me, bit I find it very, very hard :(

I'm the same. I do post but it sometimes becomes a bit too much for me and the sadness overwhelming :(

I can't do it. OH doesn't understand how I can get so upset about rabbits I've never met, but it's just so heartbreaking. I try every now and then, but it always ends badly! :(

I don't struggle going in there but I tend to only reply to threads where I can offer constructive support and forget about Rainbow Bridge, and I do just forget that at those times I really appreciate any comments, and really, I should get my butt in there and reply to people.

Back