• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Crunchie

happybunny22000

Warren Veteran
As a result of the nodules now "scabbing" and coming away with fur in chunks off his face he is going in tomorrow to be put under, have the hair clipped and all excess/scabbing skin / necrotic skin removed. The vet described him as a burns victim :( He's then planning on giving steriod cream. It appears he has mild pasturella but cannot treat this with penecillin with the immune system still fighting the nodules. He will probably also loose the tips of his ears :( Vibes for my little fighter plase :(

Poor little chap. I hope tomorrow goes ok and he feels better once everything starts to heal.

I also hope you're doing ok too. x

Sending a million vibes for brave little crunchie. xxx

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Will be thinking of you both.

His face looks awful :( like he's been skinned :( theyve clipped /shaved all the haor around his face - its like skull with eyes and bumps
I cried my eyes out when I first saw him even though the vet said it would be a shock but look worse than it was. he said now he can see the nodules properly it doesnt look as bad as he thought :shock: and is quite superficial. he is being cleaned with hibiscub 2 daily and steriod cream for his face ....poor baby

Thanks to the Crunchie reference, I now know who you are! ;) lol Aw bless him, how is he in himself? Bet he's glad to be home with mummy:love:

The only reason he is still with me is that with the exception of the outer signs he hasnt changed. Still very much eating, drinking , pooping and weeing. And cleaning himself.

He looks like a poorly sheep with no head and huuuge body

Oh poor little lad.

Good news that he isn't as bad as the vet had first thought. I can imagine it would be upsetting and shocking when you first saw him, but at least the vet can now see exactly what he's dealing with.

Sending loads more vibes for little Crunchie. xxx

So sorry I missed this - sending loads of vibes that he's healing well after his GA... :wave:

Back