• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grandads dog, got his rabbit :(

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Following on from this thread

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ting-a-rabbit-

Sadly what I said and thought would happen all along happend!!! the dog got him

I refused to go and even see the rabbit becase I new what would eventualy happen!! he was a gorgous grey butterfly lop tho

I NEW this would happen!! the dog is a Jack Russel and is known for killing animals! he regularly brings back things whilst on a walk etc yet my stupid grandad went ahead and got a rabbit anyway :(

And apparently grandad is so upset at what his dog did, the dog is going to a rescue :censored: so he can get another rabbit, which is NOT fair on the dog!! he is a very elderly dog, who will not find another home now at this age :(

cannot believe he is ust getting rid of the dog :( its not the dogs fault atall! he should NOT have gotten a rabbit!!! :(

Oh that is so mean! The poor dog - he was only doing what comes naturally afterall! Can't you have a quiet word with him, or one of your parents, to make him see that he's being really unkind? What a shame :(

I don't think your grand dad likes animals.
I think he thinks they're toys which can be replaced and disposed of easily.

:( Poor rabbit. You can have dogs with a high prey drive and prey animals under the same roof, but they should always be kept separate at all times.

Oh that is so mean! The poor dog - he was only doing what comes naturally afterall! Can't you have a quiet word with him, or one of your parents, to make him see that he's being really unkind? What a shame :(

no sadly, not with my grandad :evil: he is ALWAYS right apparently and won't listen to anyone else!

I don't think your grand dad likes animals.
I think he thinks they're toys which can be replaced and disposed of easily.

he does like animals! I mean both the rabbit and the dog wanted for nothing! everything was followed, he dots the I and crosses the Ts, rabbit has all the injections the best food the best hay etc etc

He just lives in his on world! he thinks it won't happen to him, once he has calmed down tho he might re concider sending the dog away x

Back