• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have I bought the correct insulation for my shed

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
Ive bought the rolls of 'wallpaper' stuff thats silver on one side and polystyrene on the other, its states its for behind radiators but it was all B&q had. It is quite thin, I have put it silver side in the hutch, poly bit against the wood.

We have done the 3 walls so that leaves the door to do somehow and the roof, but we ran out of light. Last night the thermometer went to 1.8deg, so I am worried that even with the roof and door done next weekend it might not be enough.

Should I try and get something to put under the lino?

I really want the bunnies to stay out all winter but I want them snug but I have no means of running electric to the shed so cant put an electric heater in.

I have mesh at the window with a sheet of perspex that covers 3/4 of the window so theres still fresh air.

I'm sure that what you have bought is fine but it is meant to go on the outside of the hutch not the inside where your bunny might chew or ingest it. I stapled mine to the outside using a stable gun (watch out the staples don't go through the wood, should be OK if you staple to the frame) and then put my hutch cover over.:D

its a 6x4 shed, forgot that bit too, sorry, I am having a bad day i have a very poorly cat so bad i am sleeping in the lounge with her

Back