• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fred's new Safco cage i built today..

MyweeFred

Warren Scout
:wave: Took me all day...
Possibly adding some more levels at the far end..

DSCF1138.jpg

:)

Beauty :) I will have my safco cubes today. I must only buy something for the bottom, i am thinking about hardboard and some floor finish. :D

Looks good! You know if you make it 3 panels high he shouldnt be able to jump out, so you dont need a roof, so its easier to get in and clean.

Looks good! You know if you make it 3 panels high he shouldnt be able to jump out, so you dont need a roof, so its easier to get in and clean.

Mine would still jump out of this, and for sure, if Wish couldn't jump, she would climb. I personally would say always have a roof, just make the doors in strategic places so you can get in and clean easily :)

Nice big cage! Good to find out about these cheaper panels too.

if Wish couldn't jump, she would climb.
I'd heard about rabbits climbing trees and thought it was just an urban myth ... but yesterday I saw Beatrix had climbed up the outside of a cage with the help of a nearby ironing board, like a little squirrel! The pellets are on a ledge just above - she had probably smelt them. It was quite worrying, as she jumped almost as soon as I saw her, but her feet were alright thank god. (Ironing board now moved)

Last edited:
Back