• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two buns two of everything?

jackandsally

Warren Scout
We are getting Dillon a wifey in December, she is called Roxy. We will obviously be neutralizing everything in prep for continuing the bond after the rescue has bonded there. Just wondering what to do regarding litter trays and water bowls/bottles for when they're fully bonded. Do we have to get another of each or will they share? He has a large cat litter tray but I would like to get an underbed storage box eventually and get rid of the cage base it sits in and just have the litter tray in there, but with Roxy coming will I have to get another or will they share the same one? I'm thinking way ahead here!

AlsoIf I got rid of the base whats the likelihood his litter training might have changed. He's never ever had an accident, only the odd poo leaping out of the tray with him, but don't want him to start getting bad habits. He's so good with it, he won't wee or poo in the second small hay/litter tray we have in the living room will always run back to the kitchen one. :wave:

Mine have a litter tray each and a food bowl each, but a dog bowl between them for water. They both seem to use both trays to pee, but poo all over the downstairs since they moved in together. It's easily swept though, so I haven't changed anything as they never pee outside of a litter tray! I think it's just trial and error really :)

Both of my pairs share an underbed storage box for a litter tray. So i have one in the lops room and one in the lionheads room. You'll likely find during the bonding their litter training will go out the window but once they settle back in the room they'll probably go back to how they were. :)

Mine share everything. Just make sure the litter tray is big enough for them both to use at the same time and I make sure bowls are big enough for them both to use at the same time too. I think it depends on the bond, some rabbits love to spend all their time very close together whereas other pairs like to have a lot of time apart.

Yeah I'm not expecting much during the bonding period lol they're both mini lops so an underbed storage box would fit both. Will keep his large tray too in case they don't want to share and neutralize it as well. Think I might try him with just a tray instead of the cage base too as it's so awkward with it being in front of the cupboard where his hay is kept, just bought a runner rug for the kitchen so it's a bit nicer in there for him now too haha, might try now with an under bed box for him although my partner will likely kill me for faffing about even more with his room after I've just cleaned out his tray and put this new rug down :roll: Thanks all.

Mine share litter trays and water bottle but have their own ceramic food bowls (I feed pellets seperatly or else daisy would eat poppys too!!)...apart from bowls they share everything :)

My two share everything. I would just give them one tray and just have hay in that one orginally, and she will hopefully follow him and learn to go in the same place. Then if you need more trays add more. As Shuette said, expect a big loss of litter training and marking, so be ready to clean up, use vinegar on wee accidents or they will go back and keep weeing there. Just make sure everything is big enough for the both of them to use at the same time. I prefer to scatter feed pellets but I now have to use a bowl as Barney needs meds sprinkled on his pellets, so I use one of those cat bowls with two sections? I cant get them to eat from different bowls unless I physically remove one from the others bowl and place next to theirs, but they eat from the separate sides of the cat bowl nicely.

Back