• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Took Leo to my vets today.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
And they told us not to use the shampoo yet because it will make his bleeding sore worse. He has sharp spurs on one side of his mouth and need his tear duct flushing.

We have some spot on stuff but she will ring us tomorrow to tell us if he needs it yet because of getting his records from his previous vets. The vet rang us and said he has mites though as she took a sample.

We have to bathe the sore in warm salt water which he is very well behaved about and use a nit comb to get the dandruff bits out. Hopefully we won't have to bath him yet as the vet said it would help the dandruff but not the sore area :( at least we know now though :) He weighs 3kg! and apart from strengthening up his clumsy back legs, the one side of his teeth and his eye he is fine :) just need to get some fiber in him now so his poops get better! :)

He has been doing head binkies too!! and really loves his fuss :D will have to get some more pictures when I go back on Wednesday :D

He is a very lucky bunny. :)
Are his back legs weak from being in such a small hutch. :(
I can't wait for more pictures. He's about the same size as Grim after all. Grim is 3.3kg. Did the vet say if he needs to loose weight? How tall was the old hutch? It's really disgusting and the RSPCA should treat it as a health hazard as it does cause pain. I'm actually going to look into that because it needs to be sorted. (I'm and RSPCA committee member so I should be able to pull some strings).

Your vet sounds like she's taking a sensible approach :) love the fact that he's doing head binkies, I bet he is so much happier already :D

He is a very lucky bunny. :)
Are his back legs weak from being in such a small hutch. :(
I can't wait for more pictures. He's about the same size as Grim after all. Grim is 3.3kg. Did the vet say if he needs to loose weight? How tall was the old hutch? It's really disgusting and the RSPCA should treat it as a health hazard as it does cause pain. I'm actually going to look into that because it needs to be sorted. (I'm and RSPCA committee member so I should be able to pull some strings).

I think so :( He was in it for over a week when they came back from Germany :( His back legs are very clumsy but getting better, he can jump in his litter tray properly now :) and has started weeing in it! :D Poops are generally everywhere but that doesn't matter :lol:

She said his weight is fine but when he is on a decent amount of fiber then we can put his food down a bit so he eats more hay, we have to give him enough food so he eats properly because he is very selective :roll: but we can fix that :)

The small hutch he was in for longer than a few months at a time when they first had him (he's 2) is just under 4ft long, 1.2ft high and 1.4ft wide :( (we measured it)

Your vet sounds like she's taking a sensible approach :) love the fact that he's doing head binkies, I bet he is so much happier already :D

She was very helpful :) I know! James thought he was sneezing but he was doing head binkies! :D

Last edited:
He sounds so much happier with you :) Hope the sore clears up soon!

The dandruff was easy enough to get off although there is still some there, and his sore isn't scabby anymore from what James told me this morning so maybe he isn't scratching it now :) It must have been horrible in the small hutch because his back might have been rubbing on the roof when he was moving around :(

That sounds a much more sensible way forward!!!

Thanks to you! :D Thank you very much :) I knew what to ask her and she said the spot on would work as the shampoo would only rid the dandruff and may make it painful for his sore :( at least we knew before we bathed him :) Although when she weighed him I saw how big his feet are :shock: they are huge! :lol:

Back